We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

volcano tour with Arthur from Big Island Excapes

Michigan
Level Contributor
1 post
161 reviews
Save Topic
volcano tour with Arthur from Big Island Excapes

This was one of the highlights of our trip to Hawaii. My parents and I did a 16 hour tour with Arthur and it was great! We saw some waterfalls, lava tubes, lava in the national park, and many other cool things. We were treated to fresh fruit (which we literally picked off the trees or vines!!) Arthur was very informative, and had great treats throughout the day. Every other tour guide after was compared to Arthur and they never matched up. You can't go wrong with Arthur (Big Island Excapes)!

Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
7,943 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: volcano tour with Arthur from Big Island Excapes

No surprise there, Arthur is a well known and respected tour guide.

Volcano, Hawaii
Level Contributor
566 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: volcano tour with Arthur from Big Island Excapes

Thank you Joel for taking the time to write your first and only post on tripadvisor to tell about your experience with my tours.

Just to clarify we did not see lava in the national park. Where we were viewing the flows was just outside the national park boundary at the Kalapana Public Viewing Area.

Its definitely nice to hear that other guides haven't matched up!

I have always said to go with a tour that fits your needs and style, and it looks like you found just that. I'm glad my tour was the one you chose.

If you come back try "Hawaii Forest and Trail" or "Native Guide". I would love to see how my tours compare then...

Kona, Hawaii
Level Contributor
4,236 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: volcano tour with Arthur from Big Island Excapes

Arthur is ono and I feel comfortable referring him to anyone.

East Meadow, New...
Level Contributor
589 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: volcano tour with Arthur from Big Island Excapes

Sounds great. Do you have an email address, website, or phone number to book Arthur? Are all his tours 16 hours long- I think 8-9 hours would be plenty for me.

We are leaving for Maui in 3 days and after that....Big Island.

Thanks

Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
7,943 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: volcano tour with Arthur from Big Island Excapes

His web site is http://www.bigislandexcapes.com but you can also click on his name (lavaguyd) in this thead and send him a private message. You will be glad you did, he comes very highly recommended.

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,465 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: volcano tour with Arthur from Big Island Excapes

an up date... Bigisland excapes has now merged into another great company I have been informed//

Try Volcano Discovery Hawaii Hawaii@volcanodiscovery.com I met Arthur recently in the park and found of the change.

7. Re: volcano tour with Arthur from Big Island Excapes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2010, 07:18