We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kilauela Military Camp

Athol, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
372 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Kilauela Military Camp

Anyone know if this is a good place to stay? I know it is actually inside the National Park and am considering reserving a couple of nights to see the park.

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
23,750 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Kilauela Military Camp

Aloha,

I love the place.

Not fancy my any means, but right there in the park.

When the crowds leave and early morning sunrise, you will love it.

A special place.

Aloha

Athol, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
372 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Kilauela Military Camp

I assume non-smoking? Do they ever have to close due to volcanic activity? For us it would be $127.00/night, a bit higher than another place I looked at, but I love staying inside national parks.

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
23,750 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Kilauela Military Camp

Aloha,

I would not worry about volcanic activity. The rangers and staff monitor Kilauea 24/7.

The price pays off after the park closes.

Aloha

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Kilauela Military Camp

The Park never closes, but some of the staffed features do close. The Camp is super basic, but very well kept. Being inside the Park is so cool, jet is right, being able to take a sunrise or sunset hike virtually from your room is just gorgeous.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,523 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kilauela Military Camp

How many in your group? Sounds like too much for a rustic cabin for 2.

If just the two of you the nearby My Island B&B can probably beat that price plus great continental breakfast and gardens to stroll.

6. Re: Kilauela Military Camp

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 03:18