We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thai Thai Restaurant

Lebanon, New Jersey
Level Contributor
78 posts
135 reviews
Save Topic
Thai Thai Restaurant

Have seen a variety of reviews on Thai Thai Restaurant. Some say the place is a bargain, some say it is very expensive. I guess it depends on the individual. Can anyone give me a price range on the entrees?

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
38,866 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Thai Thai Restaurant

Those do sound good, Shea, noted!

Just no eggplant for moi. :)

Eggplant and goat cheese are my food nemeses. Lucky for me that every person in my family shares this repugnance to both of them, so never any wrangling about it.

Butterscotch and chocolate!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Thai Thai Restaurant

May be a moot point, but we called to make reservations for early june 2012 and they told us they will be closed til june 14.

So you may have to find another resto.

Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Thai Thai Restaurant

We literally just finished eating at Thai Thai, we had the Tom yum noodle dish, and the Massamum curry, it was pretty standard Thai fare. Pretty good, I thought a bit pricey, the total was $30 for both dishes . My biggest complaint was that we only got one tiny bowl of rice (less than 1 cup) and had to pay $2.50 if we wanted more rice. I REALLY hate when restaurants do this. If you are going to serve a dish that needs rice, at least give a good amount of rice with it.

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
38,866 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Thai Thai Restaurant

Agree, they could create a lot of happy customers if generous with the rice.

Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Thai Thai Restaurant

It is my biggest pet peeve with restaurants. Rice is maybe $.20 per serving, but yet you won't give me extra rice free when I am paying $15 for one entree? The are several places at home that I won't eat at because of this practice.

Dormansland, United...
Level Contributor
279 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Thai Thai Restaurant

I find this surprising with regards to the size of the portions. I ate there 2 weeks ago and felt that we were given far too much food! The plus for me in Thai Thai was as a strict vegetarian, fish sauce was not used in any of the food and I could eat almost everything on the menu because of the choices of protein in almost all of the dishes. Thats a big thumbs up for me because I really struggled to find some places with choice to eat. Yes it was a bit pricey but personally I was happy to pay the price.

17. Re: Thai Thai Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 08:16