We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging at the Big Island

California Hot...
Level Contributor
35 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Lodging at the Big Island

Hi All

I am planing to visit the Island of Hawaii July 6- to 13. I like to stay somewhere close to the beach. I will be renting a car so travel is not a problem. What part of the Island should be looking at?

My kids will be with me somewhere not to secluded is preferable.

I prefer a house, cottage or a vacation rental as opposed to a hotel room.

Thank you in advance

Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
27,687 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging at the Big Island

You'll probably want a condo. If you want to be close to the beach then the Kohala Coast is where you'll want to be looking. Waikoloa Beach and the Mauna Lani resort are the two options with the most extensive choices of condos. There are Top Questions on the right hand side of the forum (main island of Hawaii forum...you're posting on the Volcano subforum so you'll need to go up one level) on where tonstay as well as specifically about Waikoloa Beach and the Mauna Lani.

A nightly accomodation budget and total number of people traveling is also helpful in assisting you with lodging recommendations.

Generally it's also recommended to spend a couple nights on the east side to visit Volcanoes National Park and other east side attractions, with the rest of (majority) your time in the beach district on the Kohala coast.

Edited: 08 May 2014, 04:22
2. Re: Lodging at the Big Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2015, 07:16