We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Week on Big Island

Pleasant Prairie...
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Week on Big Island

We will be arriving on Easter Sunday for a full week at the Hilton Waikola Village. Yes, I can see the Hilton may not be a great choice but we will make the best of it.

It's our first time in Hawaii and can't wait!!!!!!

We want to snorkel Kealakekua Bay, I understand the concern with the kayaking and respect the environment what is the best way? Who to use thats reputable?

Any other great places to snorkel?

What should we not miss at Volcano National Park? What's best time to leave Hilton (don't mind early) Which trails to hike? Suggest a scenic route to get there? Stops along the way?We will be staying one night at Volcano Village Lodge and head back the next day. What route back and what to see along the way. Suggestions on getting to green sands beach? Black sands beach, which one?

Restaurants not to miss?

We will have a 4 wheel drive car, is Mauna Kea a place not to miss and can we drive or do we need to take a tour.

Best place to buy Kona Coffee? Any other suggestions? I love the forum, you guys do a great job!!

Can't wait to go it's our first time in Hawaii!!!!!

Any other suggestions would be appreciated

Mentioned in this post
Hawaii
Hawaii
United States
Kealakekua Bay
Kealakekua Bay
699 Reviews
Island of Hawaii, HI
Volcano Village Lodge
Volcano Village Lodge
730 Reviews
Island of Hawaii, HI
Mauna Kea
Mauna Kea
252 Reviews
Island of Hawaii, HI
Kailua-Kona
Kailua-Kona
Island of Hawaii, HI
Detroiter in Chicago
Level Contributor
6 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Week on Big Island

We did a week at the Hilton Waikoloa, it was OK, not great. Be sure to check out the waterslides in the pool. When you go to the Volcano, do NOT eat at the restaurant inside the park - one of the worst meals I have ever had, and flies everywhere.

The beach near the Hilton is a great place to see sea turtles in the morning. There are also sea turtles in the Hilton Lagoon - but it is so murky there was a turtle three feet from me and I didn't see it till it put its head above water.

There's a Tommy Bahama store w/ a restaurant 20 minutes north of the Hilton, great food and beautiful sunsets!

Have fun!

Mentioned in this post
Waikoloa
Waikoloa
Island of Hawaii, HI
austin texas
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Week on Big Island

We are getting ready to book a few days at the Hilton, and are very confused about the different rooms and towers. Do you have a suggestion as to which type of room would be best- we would prefer to keep the price reasonable.

Thanks

13. Re: Week on Big Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 04:19