We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paniolo Greens

Which Waikoloa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Flin Flon, Canada
Level Contributor
141 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Paniolo Greens

Hi has anyone out there been to Paniolo Greens on Waikoloa Road

on the Big Island??

The last entry on the reviews is March07 and I would like to know if anyone else has any feedback about the place.

We have traded our timeshare for 2 weeks there so hope it is ok.

Thanks

Debbie

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,440 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paniolo Greens

you got a condo in windy isolated Waik-Blow-A , 8 miles form the nearest beach.. has a gas station, a store a fire station and thats pretty much it...... it is a long way to anything. its a retirement and blue-collar bedroom village.... Try to change . you will be in a lava desert that feels like Arizona..not Hawaii

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
13,004 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paniolo Greens

But other than that....

If it is your only option, you will find that the village area does have a good (newly expanded) supermarket, which is convenient. I drive up from the coast to shop there and buy small souvenirs (calendars, note pads, that sort of thing)..

The drive down to the main highway takes about 15 minutes and then you are at the entrance to Waikoloa Resort (hence, A-Bay) and about 15 minutes south of Hapuna and Mauna Kea. Kua Beach is to the south. Waikoloa Repsort has Kings Shops (wit resturants) and Mauna Lani has the Shops with restaurants also. Be careful coming home after dark; it's quite dark on the Big Island.

My general impression of the Waikoloa area is that it seems quite pleasant and well-kept. Would it be "better" to be on the coast for beaches? Sure. Would it be better not to stay on the Big Island? No. Just my views.

Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
7,943 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paniolo Greens

I certainly would try to stay elsewhere, there is a HUGE construction right in front of the Paniolo Greens.

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
37,300 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paniolo Greens

if TT means that new subdivision in Waikoloa, then I would hate to be next to that construction. They start 7 am at latest here and work until dark, 6 or 7 days a week, very loud equipment.

Waikoloa Village has gone from somewhat despised low end bedroom community to a place where houses start in the 5 and 6 hundred thousands within just the last few years. It is not a bad place and the access to Waikoloa Beach Resort is as Honu Ohana described, not too far, but unless you plan to be out and about by 7 am for your whole stay I would not want to be near the construction.

Plus it is a dry dusty windy desert area as Dan said, even though the Golf Course is green. The sunsets are outstanding there, I'll say that!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
13,004 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paniolo Greens

Yeah, and if we were going to buy a retirement house on the BI it might be in Waikoloa Village for the proximity to great beaches and N. Hawaii Community Hospital, uncrowded area compared to Kona, and the relatively "lower" price range compared to other non-oceanfront condos that offfer no possibility of an ocean view.

Hope you do get to visit the Big Island somehow.

Flin Flon, Canada
Level Contributor
141 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Paniolo Greens

Thank you everyone you have been very helpful. We did know it was a little drive but we are renting a car to do our site seeing so hopefully it will not be that bad. As for getting up at 7am that is not bad as I am awake then anyway and like to go for early morning swims. They do have a pool which I hope is kept clean.

Thanks again

Debbie

Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
7,943 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paniolo Greens

Sorry, that pool will not be open at 7AM. Most condos open the pool at 9AM.

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
37,300 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paniolo Greens

debbie,

if the construction is right next door, I didn't mean get up at 7am; I meant be ready to be off the property by 7am because it will be really loud. (depending on how close it is)

Can someone give me the directions to Paniolo Greens? (I can't keep all the condos there straight) I'll be going by Waikoloa Village some time in the next week and I could check the construction situation.

Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
7,943 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Paniolo Greens

It's the first condo complex in Waikoloa as you drive up on Waikoloa Road. It will be on your left as you reach the village. You can't miss it, the construction is right makai from it.

Huntington Beach, CA
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Paniolo Greens

KamaainaK ~

Aloha again ~ You wrote about Paniolo Greens: "if the construction is right next door, I didn't mean get up at 7am; I meant be ready to be off the property by 7am because it will be really loud. (depending on how close it is)"

HOW LOUD IS LOUD? Will there be road closures there? I'm staying at the PGreens, too, in May. Meeting friends there.

Mahalo

jc