We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

polycarbonate glassware for a condo

Washington
Level Contributor
25 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
polycarbonate glassware for a condo

I was wondering if anyone knew of a place to buy really quality , nice replacement non-breakable, dishwasher safe glassware for our condo. I thought about shipping some over from the mainland but there has got to be some on the island. Any suggestions other than Walmart or KMart in Kona?

Oklahoma City...
Destination Expert
for Oklahoma, Grove
Level Contributor
5,042 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: polycarbonate glassware for a condo

I have purchased a set of clear and a set of multi-colored non-breakable glasses at Costco and similar ones at Sams Clubs for a rental we own on the mainland. They have held up well.

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,440 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: polycarbonate glassware for a condo

Bed bath and Beyond

West Marine

BBQ Galore

all in the the mainland

Walmart here IS looked upon here as our Neman Marcus, Kmart- is Nordstroms. That the realty here.... nice place to live but you have to accept the flip side too.

In kona s a kitchen and Restauraunt supply in the old industrial park

if r renting out your condo... your rental manager and contract will provide all of it. for you. and replace anything as part of the contract.

Washington
Level Contributor
25 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: polycarbonate glassware for a condo

thanks so much for your responses!

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
38,156 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: polycarbonate glassware for a condo

Yes there is. Macy's.

Macy's Home Dept. has awesome dishes and glasses. Every time I go in there I wish some of my previously purchased Macy's stuff would break so I could try some more of the fun stuff there. ;-)

carmel
Level Contributor
609 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: polycarbonate glassware for a condo

Aloaha, yes Macy's has some really nice stuff. ilo mght be the best place to look as there is better shopping for kitchen stuff

Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
7,943 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: polycarbonate glassware for a condo

You can also try Ross in Kona, though the Hilo store has a better selection.

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
38,156 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: polycarbonate glassware for a condo

true, Ross is always a good hunt, at least in Hilo. You never know what you'll find, but they're very good on kitchen gadgets.

With Macy's, as an "Elite" level (lol) Macy's cardholder, I'm always holding some kind of 15% off on Home coupon and advised of the sale days. As they have at least one sale a week, I never ever buy anything there that's remotely full price. Compared to Walmart, which has low prices but doesn't do the huge markdowns, I find I get better value at Macy's and much better quality.

Anyway, I have bought the polycarbonate there, and come to think of it I've bought some at Safeway, but that was more of a special purchase display, not there all the time.

I have some other plastic glasses with a great pattern that didn't stand up to the dishwasher -- got all covered with waterfall-like cracks. (not leaks, just cosmetic). Macy's is good about carrying stuff that's labeled as to whether it's dishwasher safe, and these weren't, but I chose to test them in the DW anyway ...

8. Re: polycarbonate glassware for a condo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 22:20