We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Charge for rollaway at Marriott

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Charge for rollaway at Marriott

I was all ready to book a room for our stay in January and I had clicked on add rollaway for our 11 year old and it put a 46.00 a day charge on the reservation. I could see 10 or maybe 20 dollars but for four night that's 160.00. There is only 2 doubles or King and there is no way my husband and I could sleep in a double and she has to sleep on her own because she tends to roll around. I was interested in a special for 213.00 a night including a 200.00 food credit, seemed like a good deal until the rollaway thing. Anyone had one while there recently?

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Charge for rollaway at Marriott

Just needed to add that the credit is for a four night stay

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,809 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Charge for rollaway at Marriott

Have you tried calling the hotel and asking for specific info?

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Charge for rollaway at Marriott

I did call the hotel and spoke to a manager since reservations was closed and she informed me that yes the per night charge for a rollaway is $46 and they find that is a competitive charge for a rollaway....we've travelled all over North America and Europe and never paid that for a rollaway. She also said it was fair since they don't charge extra for children, once again since she is only eleven we havn't come across an extra charge for a child. The manager did state that some of the king rooms have a pullout and I can request but it is not guaranteed. So I guess it's to the Hilton because their kings have pullouts, bummer I wanted to stay there.

Portland, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Waikoloa
Level Contributor
908 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Charge for rollaway at Marriott

During our first stay at the Hilton, our room was at the Lagoon tower and the pull out was a single, which at that time, was fine for our 11 year old son. The next year, he grew and I thought we would end up in the same room, so I ordered a roll-away. They put us in the Ocean Tower and brought up the roll away which to my surprise was a complete made up bed (twin) and it was perfect! The charge was to be $15.00 a day, but since we were Diamond HHonors, there was no charge. Last year, he had a nice double or queen size pull out sofa in the Ocean Tower King room, which was just perfect, so no roll away was needed. This year, I am hoping for the same. You will like the Hilton and there is a path to the Marriott for beach access.

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,605 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Charge for rollaway at Marriott

My guess is they can charge anything they want...and do.

The $200 food credit won't go far. We stayed there last year and the breakfast buffet was (I think) around $30 or $35 each. Add in the mandatory "resort fee" and you will soon find they are nickel and diming you all the time. We had stayed there when it was an Outrigger then when it was just taken over by Marriott and then last year....which will be our last stay. It is a nice hotel, has good pools and is on the beach but it simply is not worth it to us anymore......they even took out the nice hand carved outrigger canoe in the lobby and put in some greenery that could be in any hotel anywhere in the world.

We stayed at the Hilton once. It too is nice just way to big and vastly overpriced for everything for us. I was platinum at the time so we got free breakfast which helped a bit.

Kona, Hawaii
Level Contributor
4,236 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Charge for rollaway at Marriott

Trying to think outside the box here for you.. I am not sure how big your 11 year old is BUT at Walmart and Kmart they have those tri-fold "kids" futons with Hawaii prints, they are like $45. ish.. they come in a plastic case with handle.. it is not only a bed BUT a souvenir (if you are willing to pay the luggage charge ;) I would assume Marriott has extra pillows in the room, blanket.. so you just need to ask for an extra sheet...

Portland, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Waikoloa
Level Contributor
908 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Charge for rollaway at Marriott

AlohaAdeline - Great idea! I know that some people also bring those blow-up beds as well.

Canada
Level Contributor
9,179 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Charge for rollaway at Marriott

KGD mom,

Have you considered a condo? The Fairways are across the road from the Marriott and would provide a separate room for your 11 yr old and a little more room for you all to stretch out.

You may experience some "sticker shock" in Hawaii....if the $46 was off putting.

You really can't compare the price of these extras on the Mainland to the prices that are charged in Hawaii. Agree about the $200 food credit...would cover a breakfast and maybe a light Lunch. The fees are steep at these resorts. I'm hoping you have checked into the parking fees at the Hilton.

Your $$$ go a long way with a condo especially with a young one. Owners have been flexible with short stays and willing to negotiate. Check it out...you may be surprised.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Charge for rollaway at Marriott

Thanks everyone for the input, I've already had the sticker shock in booking the rest of our trip in Maui at the Westin Ocean Villas. I was leaning toward the Marriott because of the heated pool in Jan seemed like a good idea. I've seen reports from last Jan at the Hilton saying the pools were freezing. I thought the Marriott would have more kids for our daughter to interact with than at a condo complex, although we may go that way for the space. I posted because I wondered if anyone had first hand experience lately with the charge or do you usually sleep two to a double bed? Anyway I even looked at King Kamehameha in Kona since it's been redone and is two queen beds. Thanks again, can't wait to go

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,809 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Charge for rollaway at Marriott

We always just shared a double. The option of a blow-up bed and a sleeping back seems good to me. You could get away with just a top and bottom sheet, too.