We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The pool @ the Outrigger Fairway Villas in December

Which Waikoloa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Diamond Bar...
1 post
Save Topic
The pool @ the Outrigger Fairway Villas in December

My wife and I plus our 20 & 14 yr old kids are staying a week at the Fairway for Christmas. Anyone know if the small pool will be a problem? All 4 of us just want to quietly lay out by the pool and decompress from a hectic year.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
382 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The pool @ the Outrigger Fairway Villas in December

We've stayed at the FW Villas three times, albeit in February or March. There were never more than a half dozen people at the pool any time we ventured over.

It can be pretty windy there though. A Bay is not far away, the beach that stretches south of the public access is long and usually pretty much deserted.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
75 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The pool @ the Outrigger Fairway Villas in December

We have been there the last three years over this same timeframe, after we outgrew the Hilton (family of five, three pre-teens). Pools have never been crowded in the past during this time. Certainly no problem getting some chairs together. Pool area is very scenic, especially at night, as it overlooks one of the fairways of the Beach Course, the Kings Pond and the back of the Kings Shops (which are lit up at night).

However, I'd recommend hitting some of the beaches (Hapuna, Mauna Kea and A-Bay, among others) for a truly relaxing Hawaiian experience.

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
35 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The pool @ the Outrigger Fairway Villas in December

We are also staying at Fairway Villas December 16-27; we will be travelling with 2 14 year old boys. From everything I've heard and read, it looks to be a fairly quiet pool area (maybe not so much once my boys arrive!). Perhaps we will see you there!

4. Re: The pool @ the Outrigger Fairway Villas in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2011, 06:21