We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luau in Waikoloa Hilton or Marriott?

Claremont...
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Luau in Waikoloa Hilton or Marriott?

Need an update and by chance anyone who has been to either some what recently? What are the differences if any etc.. Thanks!

Portland, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Waikoloa
Level Contributor
912 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luau in Waikoloa Hilton or Marriott?

We have only been to the Hilton Waikoloa luau.

www.hiltonwaikoloavillage.com/dining/luau.cfm

The food is excellent and the luau is great! I have been to the Old Lahaina Luau on Maui (which I think is better), however, for a nice evening with good food and a fun show, this is a must.

Seating - my hubby is Diamond with Hilton so we get the Ali'i seating at no additional cost. The seating includes all drinks unlimited, wait staff bringing all the food to your table (you do not have to go to the buffet), and you are close to the stage.

I think all the luaus in Hawaii definately put on great shows with great food, and really want visitors to experience this wonderful tradition. I recommend a luau of any kind!

Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
4,330 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luau in Waikoloa Hilton or Marriott?

Same here, we went to the one at the Hilton. I've been to other luauas and really didn't think I'd like this one much. But it turned out to be the best one for us - great food and entertainment!

Claremont...
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luau in Waikoloa Hilton or Marriott?

Thank you we were leaning toward this one anyway!

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luau in Waikoloa Hilton or Marriott?

Did you wait in line or buy the preferred seating? was there any frustration getting in or not getting a good seat?

Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luau in Waikoloa Hilton or Marriott?

We stayed recently at the Hilton for a second time but went to the luau at the Marriott. We were told the drinks are better. They were very good and no limit. I have to say that from looking at the luau location on the Hilton property compared to where it is on the Marriott grounds, the Marriott is probably a bit better. There is plenty of space around the tables and for walking around. We enjoyed a nice sunset behind the stage and the luau is close to the water. The food and performance was great.

Our last time on the island we went to the Island Breeze show at the King Kamehameha Hotel in Kona and it was enjoyable but a little goofy and the costumes were not as nice as the Marriott. (Sorry, I know you didn't ask about that one but it is my point of reference for comparison.)

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Luau in Waikoloa Hilton or Marriott?

You may also want to consider the "Gathering of the Kings' at the Fairmont. The dancers a great (although the music is canned), but the food is excellent. This particular show offers a great deal of seafood and specialties from all of the islands...lots of choice.

Tampa
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Luau in Waikoloa Hilton or Marriott?

Gathering of Kings is closed until Dec 1, 2012

Claremont...
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Luau in Waikoloa Hilton or Marriott?

I actually gave a review of our choice of the Hilton Luau, we were pleased with our choice!

9. Re: Luau in Waikoloa Hilton or Marriott?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 02:19
Get answers to your questions about Waikoloa