We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Macadamia muffins

Which Waikoloa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Macadamia muffins

Where can I find macadamia nut muffins?

Kona
Level Contributor
2,339 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Macadamia muffins

In my kitchen, after we finish the coconut pound cake I made yesterday, from coconuts off our own trees! :-)

Coffees & Epicuria in Honaunau sometimes has mac nut muffins . . .

Brisbane, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Macadamia muffins

If you're stuck you can always bake your own - I use this really easy macadamia muffin mix and they taste amazing! macadamiahouse.com/online-shop/mac-lifestyle…

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
36,650 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Macadamia muffins

Mac nuts show up more often in pancakes and in cookies. I think they shine more in cookies than in muffins, not that muffins arenʻt delicious.

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,084 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Macadamia muffins

Aue! E Wahine, you didn't save me any coconut cake?

Kona
Level Contributor
2,339 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Macadamia muffins

Sure, there's some left, pzp - come on over!

Here's da recipe, in case you can't get a flight on such short notice:

Coconut Pound Cake

Prep: Have husband knock a coconut down from the tree, husk it, crack it, collect the juice and pull out the meat. Shred all the meat and put about half of it in a blender with the juice, then strain, to make the coconut milk. Use the rest of the shredded meat as directed in the recipe.

Ingredients:

2 cups all-purpose flour

1½ tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp salt

3/4 cup unsalted butter (at room temperature)

1/4 cup organic coconut oil

2 cups sugar

5 eggs (at room temperature)

1 cup fresh coconut milk

1/2 cup freshly shredded coconut

Directions:

- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease (with coconut oil) and lightly flour a 9- or 10-inch tube pan, or two 9-in. loaf pans.

- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.

- In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer (on medium speed) to cream the butter coconut oil and sugar until fluffy (about 3 minutes). Add in eggs, one at a time, and mix well. Stir in the coconut milk and shredded coconut. Slowly add the flour, baking powder and salt mixture, and stir to combine. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until golden brown, about 1 hour - 70 minutes. You can also make a simple glaze with coconut milk and confectioner's sugar and sprinkle with a little toasted coconut if you like.

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,084 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Macadamia muffins

Sounds ono loa. Mahalos.

7. Re: Macadamia muffins

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2014, 05:17