We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Transportation from Kona

Abbotsford, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Transportation from Kona

I am flying into Kona airport and staying at the Waikaloa Village Hilton. The hotel charges $55 to pick me up. I am wondering if that is a good deal, or if it would be cheaper to take a taxi? I'm arriving around 11:30 pm if that makes any difference in taxi availability. Any information is greatly appreciated!

LA
Level Contributor
10,294 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Airport Transportation from Kona

Oh yeah.

Well I'm always in another world when I'm in Hawaii!!

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,633 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Airport Transportation from Kona

If you compare 30 +/- bucks taxi to Kona then 55 bucks to Waikoloa area sounds very reasonable.

One advantage to no car is you won't have to pay for parking or valet but your day trip adventures will be limited to other ground transport.

hiltonwaikoloavillage.com/location_and_trave…

I'm thinking it has to be a SpeediShuttle van at that low cost so check to make sure what pick up times or wait times will be when you arrive at the airport. If you are happy w/ just walking the Hilton property and doing package tours you can make a reasonable tour of the island that way. If so try to avoid the larger buses or you will be herded around like cattle.

13. Re: Airport Transportation from Kona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Waikoloa