We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two items...Superbowl Sunday, Feb 2nd, 2014 and vow renewal

Which Waikoloa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Salem, OR
Level Contributor
42 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
Two items...Superbowl Sunday, Feb 2nd, 2014 and vow renewal

Aloha -

My husband and I along with another couple will be staying in the Waikoloa area the date of the 2014 Superbowl and wonder where the best place to watch it at in the Waikoloa Beach Resort area. Also the other couple is interested in renewing their wedding vows, nothing fancy, and very private just the couple with my husband and I. Along with both of those items, one in our party will be turning 50 on Superbowl Sunday as well so we would like to celebrate that - BIG!!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as to where to watch the game, renew the vows, and celebrate a 50th birthday.

Mahalo!

Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
25,765 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two items...Superbowl Sunday, Feb 2nd, 2014 and vow renewal

Well, truthfully the best place to watch the game will probably be in your condo or hotel room. Restaurant/bars with TVs like Lava Lava beach Club in Waikoloa Beach will probably be very crowded. But that's one option. There's also Huli Sue's at the golf club at the Mauna Lani (about 10 minutes north). Hualalai Grille at the Four Seasons about 25 minutes south is doing a Super Bowl party I believe and then you could have a great 50th birthday party at one of the two oceanfront restaurants at the Four Seasons; Beach Tree or 'Ulu.

If you're looking for a vow renewal ceremony on the beach you'll need a permit and the best way to do that is to hire a third party company to handle all the details since they have the required insurance, etc.

2. Re: Two items...Superbowl Sunday, Feb 2nd, 2014 and vow renewal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2014, 05:17