We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rice Haena Point House (rental)

Los Angeles...
12 posts
Save Topic
Rice Haena Point House (rental)

We're about to pull the so-called trigger on an 8-day stay at Rice Haena Point House and I thought I'd check here to see if anyone has any information or background on the property.

I've only found one review of the house and it was pretty much as I expected - which is that the location is great but the house is (to use the reviewer's word) adequate.

The rental agency has been very helpful in their portrayal of the property as rustic/primitive. It's the smallest (fewest bedrooms) beachfront property I've found close to Tunnels and since it's just my husband and myself it seems perfect (size-wise and location-wise) but I would love to hear from anyone who knows anything more about the property (or better yet, has stayed at the property).

Thanks in advance! This is such a great forum and I've spent a lot of time reading here - both this year and last year prior to our trip to Kauai (we stayed at Pali Ke Kua and we loved it but we really fell for Haena and would like to try a week of just relaxing on the beach versus driving around looking for parking places, etc.)

Los Angeles...
12 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Rice Haena Point House (rental)

Thanks for the comments/input, everyone!

I went ahead and confirmed the reservation today.

3Chihuahuas, we're going toward the end of September. We were there (Kauai) last year in early September and we loved Tunnels so much that all we've thought about is going back and staying as close to it as possible.

I did check out the Hale Makai cottages but I think I ended up ruling them out because of the distance from Tunnels.

The rental agent I spoke with yesterday said the cleaning person for that cottage is very good (I sure do hope so!). Last year we stayed at Pali Ke Kua and we loved it because of the view of Mt. Makana but I didn't like the anxiety associated with getting to Haena and then worrying if we would find a place to park, etc. - so this rental will (hopefully) satisfy the view part as well as the desire to be right on the beach.

In any case, I will be sure to post information about it (good and/or not-so-good) so that others who are looking for reviews in the future will have a bit more to go by.

Here's a link to a beach house we stayed at on Eleuthera several years ago. It was really simple and served our purposes well because we were outdoors so much. www.the-bahamas.com/scripts/house.php3…

I have a feeling Rice Haena Point will be similar in terms of rusticity. :-)

Also, the rental agent said that it's typically rented all the time (it was rented during August - which was one reason we held off until September).

Again, thanks for the input from everyone - including the comments on the tropical showers.

Edited: 11 July 2012, 04:09
Los Altos...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Rice Haena Point House (rental)

Well, how did it go? What dates did you go?

California
Level Contributor
9,636 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Rice Haena Point House (rental)

olivia, read the above post; they're going end of Sept.

Princeville, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,079 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Rice Haena Point House (rental)

i would be nervous about no pictures of the bathroom or the kitchen. Also the picture of the prominently displayed box fan in the living room would make me hanky. Will be interested in hearing your take OP.

MN
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Rice Haena Point House (rental)

Can you tell us about your stay Rice Haena Point House? We are looking into renting at this spot. Thank you!

California
Level Contributor
37,017 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Rice Haena Point House (rental)

From what the OP said, they aren't going until the end of Sept.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,774 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Rice Haena Point House (rental)

Last year jebett. Old thread.

18. Re: Rice Haena Point House (rental)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2014, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Haena