We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do not rent Hale Tatahi House from Kauai Vacation Rentals!

Which Hanalei hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Santa Cruz, CA
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Do not rent Hale Tatahi House from Kauai Vacation Rentals!

I just returned last week from a week in Kauai. 3 of us stated at Hale Tatahi House in Hanalei. While it is a convenient location (about 3 blocks from the beach), it was the worst place I have ever stayed in, complete with several huge cockroaches and a house that had obviously never been upgraded in any way since the day it was built. The address is: 5134 A'awa road, Hanalei. The tile is stained and old. The "carpet" appears to be some dirty green indoor/outdoor type of astro turf. The furniture and fabric is also very old, yellowed and quite dirty. The shower has mold all over the curtain. The cabinets are some sort of rough hewn wood and the overall effect is completely repulsive. My friend rented it; it is pretty inexpensive at $1050/week + taxes/cleaning) but believe me, in this case, you get what you pay for!! I did not really like the looks of it from the web site (but stayed there since my friend had her heart set on it) but it is MUCH worse than the web site portrays. You are also very close to your neighbors and there are NO curtains or blinds on ANY windows. I complained to Kauai Vacation Rentals and told them they need to take it out of the rental market; it is nasty. None of us liked it.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Do not rent Hale Tatahi House from Kauai Vacation Rentals!

Yep,

When renting a place, good research and references are in order.

As far as curtains, we have them at our condo, but we keep them open all of the time. Sliders open as well, and the cieling fans going during the warmer months.

We are up a bit higher, so we can roam about indoors sans clothing, which we do. No one is peering up at our windows......no one much cares one way or the other.

Roaches bigger than cats......now that is a humongo la cucuracha....wonder if that roach was a kauai rooster!

Probably the best way to travel, is to make your own selection , after doing some due dililgence, and not relying on someone elses ideas. We all have different thoughts about everything, and that can make traveling and being comfortable on any vacation a problem.

May all of you have grand and wonderful kauai vacations, and accomodations that suit your lifestyles.

Oh, check out ( rentalion.com) to irradicate garantuan kitty eaters.

Denny

32. Re: Do not rent Hale Tatahi House from Kauai Vacation Rentals!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2010, 07:18