We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hanalei Faye House and Cottage - Kauai

Seattle, Washington
3 posts
Save Topic
Hanalei Faye House and Cottage - Kauai

Has anyone stayed at or been to the Faye Estate (cottage and house) recently? My fiance and I are thinking of hosting out wedding at the location and wanted to get some input from folks who might have stayed there of been to the property recently.

Thanks!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
5,801 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hanalei Faye House and Cottage - Kauai

The location is stunning. Right on Hanalei Bay with a nice grassy lawn.

Haven't been in the house in years though. It wasn't a super modern showplace. More a comfortable family beach house. No idea if they've updated it. It's been in their family since the 20s IIRC.

California
Level Contributor
38,432 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hanalei Faye House and Cottage - Kauai

I love this house. It is more rustic but the location is A+.

Have you talked to the rental people though? Many of these homes in Hanalei do not allow wedding parties.

Here are some other options.

hanaleiland.com/hanalei_rentals/beach_cottag…

Maybe Hula4me knows if weddings and receptions can be done at Faye Estate.

Congrats!

Seattle, Washington
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hanalei Faye House and Cottage - Kauai

We've confirmed that they do allow weddings if you rent both the cottage and the main house for 5 days. Anyone been inside the house recently and have a sense of the layout? Thanks!

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,947 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hanalei Faye House and Cottage - Kauai

There are some pictures of the interior on their website:

hanalei-house.com/…

California
Level Contributor
38,432 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hanalei Faye House and Cottage - Kauai

Sigh.....

New York City
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hanalei Faye House and Cottage - Kauai

Did you decide to book the cottage and estate? My fiance and I are thinking of doing the same, so I'm curious to know what you decided.

New York City
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hanalei Faye House and Cottage - Kauai

My fiance and I are considering this location for our wedding as well. What did you decide to do?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
5,801 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hanalei Faye House and Cottage - Kauai

zv-- the odds are poor that a participant with only 3 total postings will still be checking this forum. Might want to try a private message in case they lurk but don't post much.

New York City
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hanalei Faye House and Cottage - Kauai

Good point thanks. Do you happen to know if there is a beach in front of the property, or just grass?

Virginia
Level Contributor
918 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hanalei Faye House and Cottage - Kauai

Thats a lovely beach right in front of the property. Looking at the satellite photos, I'm pretty sure its just east of the public beach access between Malolo Road and Aku Road. My wife and I rented a house on Malolo Place back in October, and loved it. I wrote a few long rambling trip reports while we were there, feel free to read them if you've got an hour to spare.