We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North or south beaches for swimming in Kauai in July?

Czech republic
4 posts
Save Topic
North or south beaches for swimming in Kauai in July?

Hallo, we are family 4 - please recommend us some nice place in early JULY from which we can in the morning go hiking and in the afternoon go swimming. Daughter is 10 so some sandy beach little waves. If it is possible some condo . Thank you for your answer

California
Level Contributor
37,610 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: North or south beaches for swimming in Kauai in July?

Head the North Shore. The waves are mostly flat during the summer on the North Shore. If you hike the first few miles of the Kalalau Trail you can then swim at Ke'e Beach. I am on my way there right now.

For condo rentals look here:

http://www.summitpacificinc.com/

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
40,818 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: North or south beaches for swimming in Kauai in July?

Yes, go north! My kids favorite beach is Ke'e beach, which is at the end of the road on the northshore - very calm, trees for shade, good snorkeling and bathrooms, which are really great when you have kids. Also happens to be stunningly gorgeous. :)

3. Re: North or south beaches for swimming in Kauai in July?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2010, 06:21