We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hanalei Bay Resort

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
221 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Hanalei Bay Resort

I have been searching for a small cottage in Hanalei but not having great luck so far. Now I'm wondering if I should be considering HBR. Prices seem to be all over the place. Maybe someone could give me a few hints as to the best buildings, views, etc. or what to stay away from. I'm traveling solo and wondering if it is possible to find a good unit under $200/night. I am looking for 5 nights Dec.12-17. Thanks for your help!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
133 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Hanalei Bay Resort

jbett: yes, the fees do add up -- fortunately these units were worth the $$ for a special first kauai trip for me and my 2 daughters. thanks for recommending this rental to us back in january :-)

marytc: we rented thru parrishkauai.com, found the listing on vrbo and contacted the owner first. Parrish was very attentive, there was a maintenance problem with the DVD/TV hookup in both units, Parrish responded to my email same night and came by the next day to take care of it, very nice employees. We picked up the reservation at the car rental place and checked in at HBR exactly as Parrish described, no problems and no surprises, spoke to them several times by phone, great communication.

HBR really was a five star experience from beginning to end--including the roosters!

Sparks, NV
Level Contributor
406 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Hanalei Bay Resort

We have rented on two separate trips from the owners of 4104/4105 and 9123/9124. They were wonderful to work with and the places were beautiful and very well-kept with nice views from both.

www.summitpacificinc.com/4104.html#floorplan

HBR is a great place to stay -- you won't regret the decision!

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
221 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Hanalei Bay Resort

Thank you everyone for your input. I don't know what I would do without the TA forum and all the great people who offer their ideas and suggestions. I contacted the owner of 3201/3202 and it appears my dates are available. He is referring me to his rental management company to book. They really look nice and I think one of them will work out for me. I am feeling so much better about this development now that I have heard all the positive remarks. Still a little confused about the studio/hotel room lanai set up but it doesn't sound like a huge problem.

California
Level Contributor
36,645 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Hanalei Bay Resort

3201-2 can be divided to rent as different suites. It has one large lanai which is seperated by a lattice wall and some shrubbery. If you rent 3201 (which is what you should rent IMO) when you sit on the lanai you could see the people sitting next door on 3202's lanais through the lattice. That is only in the one bedroom studios. Parrish management should be good to work with. I hope you have a wonderful time. Don't forget to go to the mai tai party on Mondays at the small pool.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
133 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Hanalei Bay Resort

Marytc: i had the studio/kitchen/wallbed unit, my daughters had the hotel room with huge wall mounted tv and fabulous king bed. Summit/Parrish has a floor-plan of their rentals, check it out it helps to clarify the orientation and setup..

in any case, when my kids were in their room at night i couldnt hear their music, or tv, or conversation. if one of them was out on their lanai talking on the phone while i was on mine reading, i could not quite see them thru the lattice divider, and although i could hear their voices a little, the roosters were louder.

both bathrooms are huge. the studio/kitchen unit has washer/dryer which we used every day, also feels big like a full apartment. the wall-bed setup for that kind of space is perfect. but even with the bed left down there is plenty of space and seating.

IMO the hotel room is more romantic-looking, the studio/kitchen is more practical. the killer view is the same for both.

either 3201 or 3202 would be great to rent by itself, and each unit only has sleeping space for max of 2 people so you shouldnt wind up with a noisy crowd next door no matter which you choose.

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
221 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Hanalei Bay Resort

Thanks Psage. That is very helpful. I keep going back and forth between the two but they both look great. The washer and dryer would be handy but not sure I want to pay more just for that.

California
Level Contributor
36,645 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Hanalei Bay Resort

You are paying more to have a kitchenette, living room and dining area. It's so worth it.

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
221 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Hanalei Bay Resort

I'm all booked in to 3201 and looking forward to my trip! Thanks again for your help.

19. Re: Hanalei Bay Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 11:18