We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggested itinary for experiencing north Kauai?

Which Hanalei hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Suggested itinary for experiencing north Kauai?

I will be traveling to Kauai the last week of April and staying in Kapaa at the Outrigger Waipouli. I am trying to piece together a day trip itinerary so to get a good flavor of the north side of the island. I'd like to swim at a beach/snorkel if conditions allow, possibly zip line, a small scenic hike, walk through a town and eat lunch. What suggestions do you have? In what order should I do the activities you suggest? How much time should I allow for each activity/site?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Princeville, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,013 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggested itinary for experiencing north Kauai?

My suggestion would be getting up early and driving right up the road to Ke'e Beach. You can do a bit of the trail there and/or snorkel if the surf cooperates. Then drive back down to Hanalei,stopping at beaches on the way, going out to the bay and then walking around town to shop and get lunch. You can arrange to zip-line at Princeville Ranch adventures or just go to Kilauea Lighthouse, stopping by "Anini Beach.and Kalihiwai Beach. You can get snacks at Kong Lung Center or Banana Joe's in Kilauea or Moloa'a Sunrise farther down the road. Since I'm not sure what would hold your interest and what not, I'm not suggesting times. If you have a zip-line time arranged, I would go by that.

Edited: 22 March 2013, 21:29
Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
38,895 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggested itinary for experiencing north Kauai?

That is a perfect suggestion I think shanty . . . because really, Hawaiian time is the best way to experience it. Don't forget to have shave ice at Wishing Well if they are open - right as you come into Hanalei. Have fun! :)

3. Re: Suggested itinary for experiencing north Kauai?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2014, 05:19