We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Things to Do" in December

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
581 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
"Things to Do" in December

I've been looking at the list of things to do in Kauai, but am wondering if any of these things are not recommended in late December, e.g. Na Pali Coast boat ride? We will have a toddler in tow, but will take turns in minding him if something is not suitable for him to be included in that we would like to do. (Family of 6 adults). Thanks for any information. GBLyn

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
17,096 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: "Things to Do" in December

I don't believe a toddler can go anyway. There are age restrictions on the Napali tours. If there weren't age restrictions it would be a difficult and long ride for a toddler. December can see rougher seas and there is a greater chance of them cancelling at that time of the year. Even if they don't you can be guaranteed of having a somewhat wild ride at times.

All of my kids began going to Kauai pre-birth or shortly thereafter, all times of the year. There wasn't much that we couldn't do as a family, even as toddlers. Had to pick calmer beaches for them of course but other than that we didn't need to exclude them from anything. Then again, we weren't spending our time zipping through the trees or any other adrenalin type activities. Just enjoyed Kauai the simple way.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
581 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "Things to Do" in December

Thanks Napaguy. I didn't mean we would take toddler on boat trip, just that if the trip still ran in dec ( if weather is ok) someone would mind him while the rest of us did the trip - could be hubby as he is not goood on boats at the best of times. Good to know there are lots of other family things possible. Must say though I've always wanted to have a go at zip lining !! I guess we will just play things by ear when we get there. Thx for your input. gblyn

3. Re: "Things to Do" in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2014, 05:17