We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 bedrooms and a kitchen with beach in walking distance?

Which Hanalei hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
midwest
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
2 bedrooms and a kitchen with beach in walking distance?

Hi all,

My spouse and I, our 4 year old, and my mother are looking to come to Kauai the first week in April 2014 to enjoy some laid-back RnR after some troubling medical stuff. We would like to rent a place that has 2 separate bedrooms and a reasonably equipped kitchen (we like to cook) and has a beach good for young children within walking distance.

I was thinking that the Hanalei Bay Resort condos might be a good place for us, and I've looked at units listed on Summit Pacific and Parrish but I'm getting overwhelmed. The top ones are already booked for our time (which isn't really that flexible) and I'm having trouble deciding from among the rest. Any suggestions?

I'm also open to other rentals...

thank you!

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
37,511 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 bedrooms and a kitchen with beach in walking distance?

What is your nightly budget? Also - sounds like you are looking in Princeville, but you have posted in the Hanalei forum, so . . . are you also wanting to find something in Hanalei or will Princeville work too? :)

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,167 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 bedrooms and a kitchen with beach in walking distance?

If you found a place right on Hanalei Bay in the town of Hanalei you'd have a much better beach and easier and flatter beach access withour walking down or up the hill or having the carts take you back up ( not sure if you need that service but just in case). These are all privately owned homes or cottages on Hanalei Bay.

Edited: 23 January 2014, 23:28
California
Level Contributor
35,197 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 bedrooms and a kitchen with beach in walking distance?

Give me your dates and I can find something nice at HBR for you.

midwest
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 bedrooms and a kitchen with beach in walking distance?

Sorry, I wasn't more clear. I was wondering if what I wanted could be found in the town of Hanalei, or if I should just keep concentrating on the condos in Princeville and find an ok one.

We plan on going March 30 - April 5. I don't have a budget yet, I'm trying to figure out what it will cost to get what I'd like and then adjust expectations or budget. But I guess I was hoping to keep it under $400 a night.

Edited: 24 January 2014, 01:19
California
Level Contributor
9,202 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 bedrooms and a kitchen with beach in walking distance?

I think this property would be perfect for you. http://keonedownstairs.beachkauai.com/ It's right on Hanalei Bay. We love it here--stay in the cottage every year. The only problem is that it doesn't look like it's available for your entire stay. It might be nice to move to the South Shore for the last two nights--the Hyatt or Sheraton would be good choices.

California
Level Contributor
35,197 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 bedrooms and a kitchen with beach in walking distance?

Oh sure, you can find something. That time of the year is off season in Hanalei. Check Bali Hai Realty.

You are there just 6 nights. I wouldn't move.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
37,511 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 bedrooms and a kitchen with beach in walking distance?

I did a quick check on vrbo - and there were some nice 2 bedrooms in your price range . . . it would be handy to stay right in Hanalei to walk to shops, restaurants and the beach. Good luck! :)

California
Level Contributor
9,202 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2 bedrooms and a kitchen with beach in walking distance?

I just did a quick check on vrbo and saw only 6 options in Hanalei for a 2 bedroom during March 30-April 5. I thought this time of year was the start of Spring Break--didn't realize it was considered off-season. The rentals I'm familiar with are pretty much booked.

California
Level Contributor
35,197 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2 bedrooms and a kitchen with beach in walking distance?

It is off season for staying that far north due to the weather and ocean conditions. Everything in Kauai is booked, so ya...no off season anymore!!!! lol

midwest
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: 2 bedrooms and a kitchen with beach in walking distance?

Thanks for all the help, I appreciate it very much.

So I went back and checked vrbo and really there are only 3 options. One comes up for Hanalei, but is in Poipu (?). The only one that looks good is this one

http://www.vrbo.com/400582

and I'm worried about it being so close to a big house (we like it quiet from 8 pm onward since our little guy goes to sleep then).

Bai Hai didn't have many options either, but these ones looked good, and I'm emailing to check availability.

balihai.com/KauaiVacationRentals/…

balihai.com/KauaiVacationRentals/…

I really love the place 22kauai recommended (I don't mind older houses) but the idea of moving for one or two nights doesn't seem that fun especially since we have the kid and my mom in tow and will only be there 6 nights.

jebett, if you would recommend some places at HBR, I would be very grateful for the help.