We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anyone stayed at this house?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
100 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
anyone stayed at this house?

This house looks great, but is right on Kuhio Hwy and at least a couple people mentioned in reviews that there is noise from the road, roosters and dogs and a market across the street with bright lights. I'm wondering how much noise there would be. I'm pretty sensitive to noise, especially when trying to sleep.

It's at http://www.vrbo.com/128547

California
Level Contributor
36,719 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: anyone stayed at this house?

Its not my favorite area, but the house looks nice.

I find that area near the small grocery store (bright lights?) junky.

If reviews mention noise, and its on more than one review, its probably noisy. It is pretty rural so roosters will be a fact of life.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,557 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: anyone stayed at this house?

This house is DIRECTLY across from the general store. I do not know the hours but the lady that runs it is very unpleasant. She came out screaming at me last summer since I did not park the right way? There was also a lot of drama in the neighborhood with some of the residents (I guess a teenage girl ran away from home). It's just before the 2 bridge, 1 lane road. There is a lot of activity in this area between folks stopping at the general store, the lady that runs it and the locals. Maybe the reviews are right on.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,557 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: anyone stayed at this house?

Have you checked out Hale Makai Cottages OR Hanalei Colony Resort (condos in Haena)?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
100 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: anyone stayed at this house?

Very useful feedback, thank you! The search continues...

Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
2,202 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: anyone stayed at this house?

The house the original poster asked about was subject to the following blog due to various concerns:

…blogspot.com/2013/02/musings-ominous-omissi…

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
100 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: anyone stayed at this house?

Wow, this is why I love tripadvisor. Just want to be informed, and wouldn't it be nice if people were honest and upfront.

Riverside, CA
Level Contributor
678 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: anyone stayed at this house?

A lot of the homes on the north shore outside of Princeville are rumored to be illegal TVRs (and in code violation). Just read the abovementioned blog to see which ones.

8. Re: anyone stayed at this house?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2015, 05:19