We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

boat tour from north - Need shade & want to do sea caves!

Which Hanalei hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
nj
Level Contributor
33 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
boat tour from north - Need shade & want to do sea caves!

Hi all-

So have read all the reviews, leaning toward napali catamaran. Goin in mid August - want to do the sea caves, need shade on boat if possible, 3 kids (14,11,7)

Thanks!

California
Level Contributor
36,056 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: boat tour from north - Need shade & want to do sea caves!

Holo Holo had shade. I loved it.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
38,895 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: boat tour from north - Need shade & want to do sea caves!

I also did Holoholo - fabulous day. Our boat had shade, but another boat on same tour did not, so I would make sure when you book that you tell them your need. I booked online and also saved some $$ doing that. Have fun! :)

Riverside...
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: boat tour from north - Need shade & want to do sea caves!

When we did Holo-Holo our boat put up an awning when they stopped for snorkeling and lunch; no shade the rest of the time.

Chico, CA
Level Contributor
722 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: boat tour from north - Need shade & want to do sea caves!

We did Holo-Holo yesterday and our boat had no shade. We wore rashguards and hats.

California
Level Contributor
36,056 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: boat tour from north - Need shade & want to do sea caves!

I think coalminer's suggestion of calling Holo Holo to inquire about shade is good advice because I know for sure mine had shade the entire time. I just looked at my pictures.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: boat tour from north - Need shade & want to do sea caves!

If you are going to need a hat to protect your head, make sure that it has a strong chin strap in order to keep in on your noggin.

Also, we found that with Napali cruise boats, that some of the them did have some seats in the shade, and some in the sun, get there early and be one of the first to board to gets seats where you will be protected from the sun. However, you can still get sun burn , even under a shade, since the sunlight can reflect off of the ocean surface. So remember that sunscreen, and protective clothing.

We have not been on board the holo holo raft, we were on their sailing catamaran out of port allen many years back. Not familar with their north shore vessels.

Good plan , as others suggested, call what ever company you choose, and state your request, and see if they can accomodate you.

Edited: 13 August 2014, 19:46
Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: boat tour from north - Need shade & want to do sea caves!

Add on"

I just looked up some photos taken by the passengers on napali catamaran trips....they do go into the sea caves, conditions permitting, and they have a small cabin /wheel house, that is very protected from the sun , wind and sea spray, and had windows and seats. If you can snug in there, you should be pretty well set.

8. Re: boat tour from north - Need shade & want to do sea caves!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2015, 05:16