We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hanalei house rentals

Claremont...
Level Contributor
16 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Hanalei house rentals

Has anyone stayed at either of these homes?

VRBO

Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
27,899 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hanalei house rentals

It really helps if you post actual links so people don't have to google or otherwise hunt around for them. I've linked them below so if anyone reading is familiar with them they can comment.

http://www.vrbo.com/73604

http://www.vrbo.com/24936

California
Level Contributor
37,618 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hanalei house rentals

The first one looks much nicer.

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
16,350 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hanalei house rentals

Way out of my price range, but they look very nice, especially the first one. Make sure you ask if the homes are for sale. There's several on Weke Rd and close to the bay that are.

Claremont...
Level Contributor
16 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hanalei house rentals

Thank you.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hanalei house rentals

We stayed in Paulele Oct 2012, it was dirty, we didn't even use the lower bedroom under the main house, it was not very nice. The homes location is OK but across the street and a long walk between to very long yards to the water. Would not recommend it. The other home looks very nice.

California
Level Contributor
37,618 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hanalei house rentals

Just curious azb99, if you posted a review because all the other reviews are glowing.

Claremont...
Level Contributor
16 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hanalei house rentals

What do you think of the location? It's at 5075 Weke. My sister thinks Poipu would be better because the north won't have sun in June. I really want something that doesn't feel like California adjacent. I trust your judgement.

Claremont...
Level Contributor
16 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hanalei house rentals

What do you think of the location? It's at 5075 Weke. My sister thinks Poipu would be better because the north won't have sun in June. I really want something that doesn't feel like California adjacent. I trust your judgement. Did you see Pierce Brosnan interviewed at his home in Hanalei ? It looked so beautiful.

Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
27,899 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hanalei house rentals

"because the north won't have sun in June"

I don't understand this comment? It's the winter time when the north shore is more prone to rain and cloudy weather. You can of course get cloudy weather and rain any time of year but generally speaking the weather on the north shore in summer is ideal. Maybe your sister has her seasons mixed up?

I don't think the north shore of Kauai feels anything like California.

Edited: 12 August 2014, 09:48
California
Level Contributor
37,618 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hanalei house rentals

Your sister is off course. Weke Rd is a wonderful location. The best in Hanalei.

Can you link the rental please?