We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bamboo Jungle House?

Bloomsburg
Level Contributor
515 posts
263 reviews
Save Topic
Bamboo Jungle House?

Hello. Does anyone know if the "Bamboo Jungle House" in Kalaheo, Kauai is still open for business? I really want to make a reservation there, but everytime I attempt to use their on-line reservation tool I get an automated reply back that "sorry, no rooms available for your suggested date".......... This happens no matter WHAT days or dates I put on the form (I have tried Tues & Weds, October, Nov., Dec., Jan, etc.). They do NOT list a phone number. I suspect they are for sale or something, as I have tried their link at least once per week for the past 6 weeks and it's always the same.........."no rooms available for your requested dates" which are late March, '12. Any local TripAdvisor "experts" know the scoop?

Thanks!

12 replies to this topic
San Jose, California
Level Contributor
718 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Bamboo Jungle House?

I guess that makes sense - but if TA removes something, there's usually a notice in it's place that states it was removed and why. No such thing on this post.

I'm interested to understand from whose perspective answers come from (is it a frequent traveler who has stayed numerous places and can give an opinion strictly as a visitor, are they a visitor (not resident or local) who own properties that are rented out through management companies, etc.). The longer you stay active on a location's forum, the more you learn about these things.

In any event, The Bamboo Jungle House sounds wonderful.

Bloomsburg
Level Contributor
515 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Bamboo Jungle House?

Hello all. I posted the question about the "Bamboo Jungle House" on two forums (the general Kauai forum and the Kalaheo forum) because I did not know how many would look at the Kalaheo forum; I wanted to increase the chance of a response from knowledgeable people who live on Kauai. My husband and I have visited/rented on Kauai 17 times. I was familiar with the Bamboo Jungle House from previous visits, but we have never stayed there. I was interested in a possible 3 night stay at the beginning of our next visit to Kauai in March, 12. One of the first respondents to my question on this TA forum regarding the BJH informed me that the property had been for sale, but then the listing was removed from the RA data base. With a bit of subsequent searching of my own, I found this to be true. I (and none of my family members) own no properties in Kauai; I would like to but I do not, rental or otherwise. I did note that one of the people who responded to my post in the Kalaheo forum was very obviously trying to direct my interest or inquiries elsewhere. I also do not think that TripAdvisor should be used to promote one's own property. In fact, I am pretty certain that the page on "guidelines" for TA usage inform you that you may not post about a property that you own or that you have been paid or "encouraged" to write about. You are not supposed to be associated with the property. Alas, there are those who see an opportunity for free advertising of sorts and misuse the forums. I suspect that people also use the TA forums at times by posting false reviews which tell you "stay here not there" or "eat here - it's way better than Joe Schmo's". The TA police cannot keep up with every post here.

Reply to: Bamboo Jungle House?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kalaheo