We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waipouli Beach Resort

connecticut
Level Contributor
107 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Waipouli Beach Resort

Aloha,

For those of you who have stayed at this resort......did you rent through Outrigger, VRBO or another company and were you happy with your choice?

I am looking for a 10 day rental, one bedroom, ocean view preferred, air conditioning required.

Mahalo for your help.

CT Lady

California
Level Contributor
37,009 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Waipouli Beach Resort

All units have a/c and the same furniture packages with some differences. Just be careful when renting through a private owner that their unit isn't in short sale satus. Many WBR units are for sale and in trouble.

For this resort only, I would lean towards renting from an agency.

This is one I have dealt with, but never stayed at WBR.

summitpacificinc.com/WaipouliBeachResort/a20…

San Jose
Level Contributor
3,142 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Waipouli Beach Resort

I rented through Kauai Calls for next Feb. They were great to work with. They have a rental contract, which some private owners did not have. I want clearly defined terms and conditions of the rental. Kauai Calls had very competitive rates as well, and many units toi choose from. Some of them are listed for sale, but the agent assured me that thay are not selling so we would be fine. Having many units may be some level of extra insurance if something were to happen to the original rental unit.

http://www.kauaicalls.com/

San Jose
Level Contributor
3,142 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Waipouli Beach Resort

BTW it is relevant to mention that Kauai Calls gets an A+ rating by the better business bureau, and it's contact/owner serves on the BBB advisory board. If you use another agency you may want to search them out to see if the BBB has had any issues with them. This gave me more peace of mind when booking.

…bbb.org/article/hawaiis-bbb-launches-adviso…

bbb.org/hawaii/business-reviews/real-estate-…

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,900 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Waipouli Beach Resort

Kauai Calls is the same rental agent for the Summit Pacific's WBR listing. It's important to note that Summit Pacific is not a rental agency. It's a listing site where agencies and owners can post their units. So you'll see some of the same listings on Summit that you'll see in the agencies own websites. When you go to the Summit listings for WBR you'll see the owner or agents name listed and it will redirect you back to them anyway.

Just wanted to point this out so you don't think you would have to pick one over the other (if you chose to go that route).

Edited: 05 December 2010, 22:55
California
Level Contributor
37,009 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Waipouli Beach Resort

Good point, Napaguy. Summit Pacific's site just is used a vehicle for some private owners and management companies to advertise in another location.

connecticut
Level Contributor
107 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Waipouli Beach Resort

Thank you all for your help....going to contact Kauai Calls.

7. Re: Waipouli Beach Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2011, 05:18