We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waipouli Beach Resort

San Francisco...
6 posts
Save Topic
Waipouli Beach Resort

Hi,

We are booking Waipouli Beach Resort D104 for the end of May/early June. Has anyone stayed in this unit? It says it's the largest in the complex facing the pool and koi pond. Does anyone have suggestions on places we MUST go to while in Kapaa?

THANKS!

California
Level Contributor
37,050 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Waipouli Beach Resort

The only must in Kapaa (besides driving away from it :) ) is having dinner at Hukilau Lanai and breakfast at Olympic Cafe!!!! All kidding aside, Kapaa has some nice shops to browse around. Beware of the ocean as the currents are quite strong. It is not the place to go snorkeling or swimming.

California
Level Contributor
9,642 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Waipouli Beach Resort

Go on the bike ride along the coast and have lunch or dinner at Monico's Taqueria.

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
16,019 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Waipouli Beach Resort

Hopefully you'll have a car so you can see the entire island. Kapa`a is just a small town area on Kauai, however the BEST breakfast on island is at Ono Family Restaurant in Kapa`a.

3Chihuahuas

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,809 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Waipouli Beach Resort

Don't miss banana pancakes at Eggberts in the Coconut Marketplace.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,068 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Waipouli Beach Resort

You'll be able to enjoy a beautiful moonrise, if you are visiting during a full moon. Kapaa has lots of eateries, live music, hula and is a hub for shopping. The Waipouli Beach Resort, is centrally located for easy access north or south, besides the sites accessed from the east shore, such as hiking. The east side makes a great base for seeing the entire island. Have fun planning your trip!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
5,801 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Waipouli Beach Resort

WBR is a very nice resort. It gets hundreds of glowing recs for a reason. If you have kids in the mix, that pool is a real draw. The beach is iffy but you can splash around a bit. I wouldn't go out beyond waist deep though and maybe not at all if the surf is up.

Kapaa is not the most scenic area of the island but there is a wide variety of goods and services and easy access either north or south. At least you're not trapped in Kauai's version of Orange County with no beach access at all except down trails where you need a Sherpa ;>)

Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
2,207 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Waipouli Beach Resort

Ditto on what's said above. You are likely in luck regarding what Julie says about beautiful moonrise if visiting during a full moon. On June 4th 2012 it will be full moon and rises at about 6:58 PM. (Sunset is 7:18 PM) Hopefully there will not be many clouds on the horizon.

Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
2,207 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Waipouli Beach Resort

Ooops, that is June 3rd times I mentioned. The moon reaches the fullest later that night at 1:12 AM on June 4th.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,918 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Waipouli Beach Resort

You'll be close to one of my favorite beaches on the island - Kealia Beach. Just about a 10 minute drive north. It's not that secluded tropical beach tucked out-of-the-way. But it's a nice long and wide stretch of beach with safe swimming most of the time at the far north end by the jetty. There are restrooms, showers and lifeguards. I like the ease of getting to this beach. It's a nice spot to find your own space and hunker down for a few hours to just relax. There's also a beautiful lookout point right before you get there, at the top of the hill.

San Francisco...
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Waipouli Beach Resort

Thank you all for the wonderful suggestions!! I'll be there for 11 days so I think I can manage everything. I will definitely look out for the moonrise on the 3rd/4th of June. Now the hard part is waiting to go.... :)