We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kaua`i Products Fair

Which Kapaa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,078 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Kaua`i Products Fair

Well, it's on Kaua`i, and they sell products, so I guess the name is legitimate. It's come down to several vendors all selling the same imported from Indonesia stuff. There is one women selling sewn products legitimately made here - she was at her sewing machine when I stopped by.

Not worth more than a quick stop. If you want real souvenirs from Hawai`i, look elsewhere.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,844 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kaua`i Products Fair

Aloha from Kaua'i!

"pzp"....I haven't gone to that "Fair" for a long time (!?!)....but I do remember one vendor there who sold Kaua'i kahelelani shell bracelets and necklaces, in fact I bought one there about 5/6 years ago.....did you see anyone like that or is he long gone?

Malama Pono,

Janet

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
15,201 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kaua`i Products Fair

Tom's Island Wear...he's at the south end, front. Very nice clothes, many made in USA. I've bought 5 dresses from him over the past couple of years and will buy more!

3Chihuahuas

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,078 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kaua`i Products Fair

There were a couple or three vendors with what appeared to be Kaua`i kahelelani items at outrageous prices, at least the ones I checked.

California
Level Contributor
35,234 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kaua`i Products Fair

Did I miss something? Is this the same cr&p that's in kapaa? New location? Different than Kapaa? Please enlighten me oh pzp!

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,078 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kaua`i Products Fair

Same crap across from Otsuka's, but it's gotten much worse since the last time I was there maybe 2 years ago. My guest wanted to see it.

Princeville, Hawaii
Level Contributor
6,955 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kaua`i Products Fair

The best reason to stop is Small Town Coffee. IMHO.

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,078 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kaua`i Products Fair

Bingo.

California
Level Contributor
35,234 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kaua`i Products Fair

I will not go to that junky place any longer. Its a tourist trap and makes Kapaa look like a flea market. When they put in that wave you can put your head through to take a photo, I said, enough!

I can stop for coffee any place.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,844 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kaua`i Products Fair

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Funny the places that "wave" thing has been....it was located at the "Tourist Trap" in Lawai for the longest time, then it was by the small green building that used to house Sweet Marie's in Kapa'a.....then I think it was over at Kalapaki Beach.....now apparently it has made its way to the less than highly regarded "Products Fair" (I refuse to use the word Kaua'i with that place!).

Must be different people selling the kahelelani (Kaua'i kine) items now....there was only one vendor when I went a few years back, very nicely made and very reasonable prices.....or I wouldn't have done any buying!

I recently saw a ring made from Kaua'i kahelelani shells (not at the Products Fair...up in Princeville)....the guy was selling it for $100.!! Now that, in my opinion, is highway robbery.

Malama Pono,

Janet

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,078 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kaua`i Products Fair

The wave photo thing is still at the Trading Post in Lawai.

To give some idea of prices: One vendor had a 3-strand Kaua`i kahelelani choker with traditional clasp for $1100.