We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waipouli Beach Resort questions

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Waipouli Beach Resort questions

Hi,

I'm looking for somewhere to stay in Kapaa for 2 nights. Last time I was there I stayed at the Coral Reef, but I am thinking of trying Waipouli Beach Resort this time because it's closer to where I need to be.

I've read a number of reviews of Waipouli Beach Resort that suggest the best rooms are rented by owners and are not in the hotel pool. For a 2 night stay it doesn't look like renting from an owner or agent is worth it because of the admin and cleaning fee, so I wanted to know if the hotel rooms really are disappointing, or acceptable for the cost? Am I likely to get a noisy parking lot view and are the rooms tired?

California
Level Contributor
37,621 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Waipouli Beach Resort questions

All I've heard is the rooms rented through the resort for nightly rental are in the front of the resort which might mean road noise/parking lot noise. I am not positive if that is still the case.

Have you considered Courtyard By Marriott? I've stayed there and its nice. The outside is nothing to get excited about, but the room renos were done very well and you can't beat those views. Kauai Coast Resort is also really nice to stay in and they do nightly rentals.

Coral Reef and WBR are just a mile or so apart. Courtyard is a little bit further south, closer to Coconut Marketplace.

California
Level Contributor
37,621 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Waipouli Beach Resort questions

I know this is an older thread, but its the latest one I could find.

I just wanted to warn folks that if they are renting at this complex, you want to avoid the units on the right hand side near the condo complex they are building next door. A friend of mine just called crying, that at 6am they are woken up daily to heavy duty trucks and pounding. They are ready to move out early. This construction has been going on for a long time. Please get a map of the complex and make sure you ask the owner or manager of this ongoing construction. The owner of the condo she rented was not forthright.

Amish country
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Waipouli Beach Resort questions

Jebett, do you know when they plan to have construction finished? I am planning to stay here in September (through Outrigger) and hope they are finished by then.

California
Level Contributor
37,621 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Waipouli Beach Resort questions

I have no idea. Its been a very long process from what I can see. They are completely rebuilding a condo complex. Maybe CTinAZ can check it out since he lives fairly close by.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Waipouli Beach Resort questions

We just recently stayed at the Waipouli beach resort and had a serious problem with BEDBUGS! I wouldn't even consider staying there again!

California
Level Contributor
37,621 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Waipouli Beach Resort questions

Bummer about the bedbugs. I have heard the construction next door is winding down. I am going in a few weeks and will check on it.

Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Waipouli Beach Resort questions

Hi Jebett- have you stayed at Waipouli since this 3/12 posting? I am curious how the construction is shaping up? We will be there the first week of May (Inner unit).

8. Re: Waipouli Beach Resort questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2015, 05:16