We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aston Islander on the Beach

Which Kapaa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Auburn, California
6 posts
Save Topic
Aston Islander on the Beach

Has anyone stayed here. I'm looking to book a room for some family members and would like some feedback. Run down?? or Nice?? Any feedback would be helpful.

whitefish,montana
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Aston Islander on the Beach

We have booked a ocean front room and will be there in two weeks. Will do a report in mid February when we return... Sounds like it will be a good spot. But hey it will be our first trip to Kauai and I would sleep on the beach if I had to.

Morro Bay...
Level Contributor
800 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aston Islander on the Beach

We have stayed at the Islander. It isn't fancy but reasonably priced, clean and some units are oceanfront. We booked through KrellersGetaway. They own several units and are great to deal with. The beach is not swimmable but you can fall asleep to the sound of the waves crashing and you can walk next door to one of our favorite restaurants, The Hukilau.

on the road to...
Level Contributor
485 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aston Islander on the Beach

I haven't stayed there myself, but have friends who have several times over the years. They were just there last November and it sounded like it was still up to their standards - not a 5 star resort, obviously, but certainly nice and they generally manage to get a very good rate. I know they always book an oceanfront room and hate to have to leave to come home. I'll ask if they have any other details or recommendations.

California
Level Contributor
35,583 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aston Islander on the Beach

I have stayed there and I've booked a unit for my outlaws (I mean inlaws) a few times. If you are looking for a bargain this is it. Small rooms, some nicer than others (if you want a king, seek it out). Small pool and its behind Coconut Marketplace and often parking is an issue. The ocean behind the complex is unswimmable, but if you just need a place to sleep and you want to be in Kapaa and on a budget, its fine.

Felton, California
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Aston Islander on the Beach

We booked to stay here later this year and all the reviews I have read have been very positive. We booked through Krellers and Brad Kreller has been so helpful with our booking. It seems like it will be clean, simple , great value and centrally located. Hope this helps!

Vacaville...
Level Contributor
470 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Aston Islander on the Beach

I have stayed in an ocean view room and thought it was great for the money and a decent location for a first trip. But next time will try and stay north if budget allows.

Washington
Level Contributor
492 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aston Islander on the Beach

I have stayed there twice. Both times I rented from private owners.....a little cheaper than going thru Islander. I always get an oceanfront unit and enjoy sitting on the deck with my coffee. There are no elevators so if walking up 2or3 flights of stairs is a problem ask for a ground floor unit. The only drawback I have found is the parking. It gets full pretty early in the evening. The units I have been in are fine for a couple but would be crowded with more people. It is centrally located and reasonable. I would rather spend my money elsewhere on the island,not at a fancy hotel. I recommend it.

California
Level Contributor
35,583 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Aston Islander on the Beach

Certain services lack if you rent by an owner and many units don't have landlines. Just a word of caution.

Riverside, CA
Level Contributor
663 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Aston Islander on the Beach

I like the Islander. I have stayed twice and have no hesitation in recommending it. Get a partial or ocean view though. Parking is an issue.

Also check out the courtyard by Marriott (basically) next door. it is nice too.

California
Level Contributor
35,583 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Aston Islander on the Beach

I agree with Jeremy about Courtyard. I have stayed there too and liked it much better but its more $$. The last time the in laws stayed at Islander (last Sept) there was tons of construction in the buildings and pool and around the parking lot of the Marketplace and the little hut by the pool was closed. They told me not to book them there any longer due to the parking issues and lack of front desk help if you are renting through a private owner. I think the prices vrbo owners charge reflects some of these issues.