We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New condotel in Kapaa

Which Kapaa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
35,833 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
New condotel in Kapaa

We've been discussing about construction next to Waipouli Beach Resort and here is the information on what they are doing. Looks like expansion is on the horizon. Will be interesting to see if they sell.

bizjournals.com/pacific/blog/morning_call/20…

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,478 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: New condotel in Kapaa

It was previously called the Kauai Kailani? How is it I've never heard anything of this place in all the years of travel to Kauai. Was it non-operative for awhile?

It will probably do well. Travel is up and many people will be happy to have a slice of Kauai even if it's in an older converted one room hotel room.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,478 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: New condotel in Kapaa

Correction those small slices of Kauai will no longer be so small. The old hotel rooms are being converted into 3-bedroom units.

California
Level Contributor
35,833 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New condotel in Kapaa

You've seen the signs, I bet. It was small and I think locals lived there. They were really run down. Go do a driveby for us, Napaguy. Bring your check book. lol

Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
2,179 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: New condotel in Kapaa

Article says " .... working on plans for another 40 to 80 units."

Not clear to me by reading the article where that is planned.

Is there room at either Kauai Kailani or Mokihana for that number of additional units?

California
Level Contributor
35,833 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New condotel in Kapaa

Maybe if they tear down Bullshed?

Foster City, CA
Level Contributor
16 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New condotel in Kapaa

Do you know if the waipouli is greatly affected?

Foster City, CA
Level Contributor
16 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New condotel in Kapaa

Do you know if the waipouli is greatly affected?

California
Level Contributor
35,833 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New condotel in Kapaa

WBR has been impacted by the building of these condos, but it seems to be finishing up. Building A was impacted with noise. There is no timeframe to when they would start building the other section of the condos.

I had a friend stay in building A a few weeks ago and she called me to ask my help in finding another rental as the noise was unbearable. The workmen would show up at 6am.

Wailua
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
1,778 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: New condotel in Kapaa

In other Kapaa (over) development news, construction has begun on the new Longs, at the end or the Plantation Hale and across the side street from the Marriott courtyard. If you're thinking: isn't that full of century old palm trees, the answer is WAS. Yup, they cut down most of the palm trees in that area, leaving just a few along the main highway.

Don't worry, there are still the groves across the street, adjacent to the courtyard, and across the highway, next to Wahoo's restaurant. For now.

California
Level Contributor
35,833 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New condotel in Kapaa

What a shame!!! Talk about traffic!! Between what will be the new Coco Palms and that big Longs, traffic will be even more of mess. Sad news.