We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying on the Coconut Coast

Which Kapaa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
35,821 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Staying on the Coconut Coast

Even though I prefer staying on the North Shore of the island, I thought this Youtube video was done very well and shows the positive side of staying or visiting the east side of the island.

Enjoy.

www.youtube.com/watch…

Princeville, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,006 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying on the Coconut Coast

Very well made. Thanks for sharing jbett.

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
38 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying on the Coconut Coast

I enjoyed this video. We have stayed in Poipu and the Coconut Coast, and we prefer the Coconut Coast. We visit the north shore on day trips, but haven't stayed there. We like to explore the island, so the east shore makes for a convenient starting place. We also just enjoy Kapa'a. Can't wait to return in April!

Reno,Nevada
Level Contributor
5 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying on the Coconut Coast

Thank you so much for sharing , first time to Kauai in May

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,885 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying on the Coconut Coast

A very nice video, but the shot of the ocean 12 seconds in should have been the first clue and then they spent very little time actually showing Kapa'a. They didn't show the busy highway, the crowded streets and the location of the highway in relation to the hotels.

When they rebuild tohe Coco Palms I'll give the east a try again, but until then, North or South for me.

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
1,311 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Staying on the Coconut Coast

As if I'm not missing Kauai enough...this video did not help :)

Seriously though, thanks for posting, it was a very well made video.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,125 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Staying on the Coconut Coast

Nice video. Having just returned from our 13 day stay, I gotta say we are now really big fans of Kapaa and the Coconut coast! It was perfectly suited to introduce our newbie guests to all the wonders of the island, North and South, and we just loved the small town vibe.

Sparks, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,733 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Staying on the Coconut Coast

I have been to Kauai 4 times, and so far have stayed on the Coconut Coast, so I really enjoyed this video! Thank You, Jbett for posting it.

We are staying North this Sept for the first time..... but I would not hesitate to stay again in or around Kapaa, it does grow on you.. but the traffic is a Nightmare! No way around that part!

--Lori

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Staying on the Coconut Coast

Great video and confirms that I picked the best place to stay for me! I'm not afraid of traffic because it can NEVER be as bad as Denver's 7am to 7pm rush hour!

Kris

California
Level Contributor
35,821 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Staying on the Coconut Coast

The other sad thing, Scott, is one of the first shots of those lovely palm trees are now cut down to put in the new Longs. It won't be able to be called Coconut Coast much longer if they keep doing that.

What I did appreciate with the video is the activities one can enjoy on the eastside even if you stay north or south. One forgets about the beautiful locations surrounding this part of the island. The bike trail especially. I do love the little shops but as everyone knows about me..... not the Kauai Faire or the food trucks. There is good and bad about every area of the island, but its fun to see anyway. I will be shopping at Hula Girl tomorrow.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,783 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Staying on the Coconut Coast

Nice video//Still prefer North side. Are you there Joan at Hula Girl???