We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4343 Anini Rd Nakea B

kauai
2 posts
Save Topic
4343 Anini Rd Nakea B

Has anyone stayed at Nakea B and what did you think of it

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,594 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 4343 Anini Rd Nakea B

Looks really nice from the pics on the Serenity site and a drive-by shows the house and yard look well maintained. It's a really nice spot near the end of the road.

never been inside or know anyone who rented it...

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,792 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4343 Anini Rd Nakea B

Kimocat used to stay in those units...perhaps you will get an answer there. If memory serves, they enjoyed their time there.

As BnB says, they do look fine from the road!

Edited: 14 January 2013, 07:43
Boston...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 4343 Anini Rd Nakea B

I would NOT rent this home. We had a terrible experience with the property owner, Cliff Nakea, as well as his rental agency Kauai Vacation Rentals. We were called and threatened by the owner and his niece with a pitbull (who lives down the street) for having visitors and more than 2 cars parked in front.

If you are paying $2500 a week to rent a place, you should not be harassed or treated like a criminal for having visitors over. In our case, we had our 80 year old uncle and my 67-year old mother as well as some other family over. We have rented other homes on Anini Beach and did not have any issues, so I would recommend renting from another landlord if at all possible.

California
Level Contributor
37,277 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4343 Anini Rd Nakea B

I suggest you post a review under the home itself. This "one post wonder" who seems to be from Kauai (suspicious if you ask me) from over a year ago (I thought threads got shut down after a year) might not care.

Venice, Florida
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
3,120 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4343 Anini Rd Nakea B

Yeah, this looks a little fishy.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,998 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: 4343 Anini Rd Nakea B

Well, Amy, you say you "had guests" as well as some other visitors. Were all of these people staying there? If so, when they inquired how many guests would be in your party (staying in their home) were you up front and disclose these other "visitors"? I see you live in Boston. So your mother, uncle and other family members just happen to be passing by and you invited them in? Your story smells fishy. If you didn't disclose the true number of people staying in the home AND you had more cars parked there than allowed, the owner and the rental agency were within their right.

Edited: 11 May 2014, 03:49
Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
27,716 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 4343 Anini Rd Nakea B

To be fair, Amy posted back in March that she was getting married in April on Kauai and other family members would be at various locations on island, in Princeville and Anini, for the wedding.

Edited: 11 May 2014, 04:00
Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,998 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: 4343 Anini Rd Nakea B

Okay. I didn't bother to research past posts of hers. But we really don't know the extent of how many other people were visiting and what the occasion was. Many rental contracts contain a clause forbidding large groups, parties, etc. and the number of cars parked there usually does have a maximum. We really don't know the full details.

Edited: 11 May 2014, 04:58
kauai
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: 4343 Anini Rd Nakea B

To be fair to the Nakea family, I am very aware of what happened, first the niece does not live there she was just staying as there was a empty slot in her bookings , her visit to them around midnight was not even about the cars, although a violation in itself , it was due to the noise at that hour, disrupting other visitors. Amy was very aware of the no large gathering rule and noise rules put out by the state for vacation rentals, as I spoke to her myself when she called me for rentals and we spoke about her wedding party renting Nakea and other homes, although she did not book it thru me, she did take another home, which I had no problem with , she knew I lived right by .Her review was very misleading, as there was no threat involved and her , not a pit bull dog, is very mellow and well trained, and caused no problem or threat at the visit.So just let it be said that all this does is tell other guest that we do all we can at Anini to ensure a quiet and peaceful vacation .

Kapaa, Hawaii
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: 4343 Anini Rd Nakea B

I would like to respond to Amy H’s statement of May 8, 2014. My home has two bedrooms and can accommodate a maximum of 4 persons. AH was provided with the house rules by Kauai Vacation Rentals prior to her arrival at the home. A copy was also displayed in the home. The rules provide “The houses are intended for the use and enjoyment of our guests only. Parties and like gatherings involving other people are not allowed.” The rule exists to insure that the home is not used by more persons than the number for which it was constructed. In addition the rule helps to insure that the noise restrictions imposed by the County of Kauai on vacation rentals are observed, that neighbors are not inconvenienced and that the risk of excessive wear, tear and damage is minimized. The maximum occupancy of 4 almost always arrives in 1 auto but never in more than 2.

After a night of loud noise and the presence of 7-9 autos, my niece advised AH at 11:30pm that the noise was disturbing the neighbors. The next day two representatives of KVR visited the home and advised the occupants that their conduct violated the house rules. Incredibly, several nights later 12 autos were parked in the yard and numerous people were again heard in the home. I called and told AH that she was continuing to intentionally disregard the house rules despite having been provided several copies of the rules and personally reminded by representatives of KVR.

Finally, KVR is also unfairly targeted by AH. KVR has only acted pursuant to my requests.