We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hyatt Kauai - Room Locations

San Mateo
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hyatt Kauai - Room Locations

Within Hyatt Kauai, which is the better wing for the guest rooms? I believe there are two wings in the hotel: Shipwreck and Poipu. What is the difference, and is one better than the other? Thanks.

Tampa
Level Contributor
120 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hyatt Kauai - Room Locations

We stayed there last Sept. I think they are the same, but we were way down at the end near the water. Beautiful veiw, but I never got nice warm water in the shower. It was luke warm. I heard later that they have always had difficulty getting the water pressure up enough for the very ends of the hotel.

Beautiful hotel all around.

Santa Rosa, CA
Level Contributor
511 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hyatt Kauai - Room Locations

Aloha YAL99 :-)

The main difference is how close to the pool you want to be. The Poipu wing can be a bit quieter because it is further from the pool area than the Shipwreak wing that is closest to the pools, but the Poipu wing is closer to the resturants & spa.

We stayed at the very end unit of the Shipwreck wing on the 3rd floor and as another poster mentioned, had a GREAT COMPLETE OCEAN VIEW unit. However we didn't have any real problem with the water pressure or water temp in the shower as the other poster mentioned. I am not sure why, maybe what we are used to or when we got up to use the shower, but we had no such problem when we were there in April.

We did have an easy in and out to the pool and an excellent view though and everyone that worked there was SUPER NICE to us for the short 2 days we stayed there. If you would like to see what the grounds and room looked like (and the view from the lanai) you can check out the pictures I took in April on my photo album at:

http://www.need2go.myphotoalbum.com

I hope that this helped you out some! Let me know if I can give you any more information and I will do my best to get it to you!

Aloha :-)

Dan

Ruth
Level Contributor
58 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hyatt Kauai - Room Locations

I just got back from the Hyatt in Kauai 4 days ago and stayed in the Poipu wing. It was gorgeous, but was further from the pools. Still, the beautiful walk through the gardens, bridges with fish, and ocean view to get to the pools didn't bother me. I never had a problem with shower pressure or temp. of the water.

Aloha

San Mateo
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hyatt Kauai - Room Locations

Thanks for all the great advice on Hyatt Kauai. After my trip (November), I'll be sure to offer advice to other travelers on this site!

Scottsdale, AZ
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hyatt Kauai - Room Locations

We stayed in the Shipwreck wing by the pools. It was great to park in the self-park lot and go to the very end, walk through the tennis court walkway, and to our room. We bypassed the lobby and did not have to deal with getting our car from the valet all the time. We were going to the Sheraton beach almost every day ( which is where I would stay if I had to choose) and when you lug the snorkel/ beach stuff in your bathing suit it is nice to just go to your room and not see anyone!