We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

farmers markets in Kauai

socal
Level Contributor
17 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
farmers markets in Kauai

we arrive tomorrow and are staying in Hanalei Bay and would like to go to a Farmers Market as early in the week as possible. Hope to stock up the house with great local produce.

The schedule we have seen is Koloa Monday, Hanalei Tuesday, Kapa'a Wed.

Does anyone have any experience vsisting any of the above or other recomendations?

thanks

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,048 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: farmers markets in Kauai

Here is a link for Kauai farmers makets:

hawaii.gov/hdoa/…Kauai.pdf

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,892 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: farmers markets in Kauai

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Do note though that on the schedule it has the West Kaua'i Agricultural Association one on the haul cane road at Po'ipu Rd. - this one has been shut down for almost a year now. Everything else on there looks current though.

Malama Pono,

Janet

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,048 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: farmers markets in Kauai

Janet

They have a "click here" on this link if you want to email them an update to take that one off the list or if there are any other changes to Kauai Farmers Markets.

hawaii.gov/hdoa/add/farmers-market-in-hawaii/

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: farmers markets in Kauai

Thanks for post on that. I was wondering. I printed and it goes with us.

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,809 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: farmers markets in Kauai

Go to Kapa`a on Wednesday. It's one of the biggest, if not the biggest, and there will be more "local-oriented" produce - lots of fruit and veggies as opposed to flowers and more tourist-oriented items.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,892 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: farmers markets in Kauai

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Mahalo "Dusty" for the link - I did email them to tell them that the one on Po'ipu Rd. is no more.

Also - I recommend the one behind K-Mart at 3pm on Monday in Lihu'e - just like the one "pzp" recommends in Kapa'a (which is also a fabulous one!) - this one is more "local" oriented - less "visitor oriented" (flowers and leis) - more local produce and fruit - this is the one I go to to buy my fruits and veggies (well, I use farm stands too!) - even though the one in Koloa at noon on Monday is MUCH closer.

Malama Pono,

Janet

7. Re: farmers markets in Kauai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 December 2009, 06:17