We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunset Kahili Condos, Poipu Kauai

Frisco, CO
Level Contributor
57 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Sunset Kahili Condos, Poipu Kauai

Has anyone stayed at this condo complex? We would like to get as much info as possible. Is it really a close walk to the beach? Who did you rent through and what condo # did you have? Sound like its older, is it run down?

denver, co
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunset Kahili Condos, Poipu Kauai

My husband and I have stayed here and plan to return next year. It is an old building, but if you want an ocean view, you can't beat this for the price in Poipu. You can see whales right from your lanai. Each unit is individually owned and so they vary a lot. Check out Gloria's Vacation Rentals on Kauai. They handle some of the nicer units at Sunset Kahili and have some pictures so you can view individual units. Also, there is a very small pool and no grounds to speak of. (If you want to pay more, the Poipu Kapili has beautiful grounds, a bigger pool and nicely decorated units, as well as ocean views but you do pay for what you get.)

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunset Kahili Condos, Poipu Kauai

mkat,

You have received scoop on the units of the sunset kahili....

The walk to the beach is down hill and takes a few minutes ( to Poipu Beach Park...maybe ten minutes or so. Never timed it.

We walk it often, however. And if you walk out onto the road and turn right, at the top of the hill, immediately passed the Makahuena, you will find a nearly hidden trail.

Be a little careful as the first few steps are a little challenging. After that, clear sailing along the Heritage trail. Killer ocean views, and you can easily walk over to shipwreck beach and the lagoons of the Hyatt.

Oh, be aware that the trip from your condo to the beach is all downhill...therefore the trip back is......yep.

Aloha,

Denny

Dubuque, Iowa
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunset Kahili Condos, Poipu Kauai

You cannot beat SK for price, location, cleanliness and overall good fun! My husband and I have been returning for 9 years now to the same unit. Rent #304 or #403. Best sunsets with an adult beverage we have ever found in the islands. GO and ENJOY!

David and Dee

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,874 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunset Kahili Condos, Poipu Kauai

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Sunset Kahili is one of the best spots in Po'ipu in my opinion!

Although the condos are older, the location is spectacular and as long as you don't mind a little walk, you can easily get to either Brennecke's or Po'ipu Beach Park (or even Keoneloa Bay).

I think these units are some of the best in the area for the price -- you can watch the green sea turtles right from your lanai! I definitely would not consider the units "run down" at all!

Malama Pono,

Janet

erfox
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunset Kahili Condos, Poipu Kauai

These reviews are very helpful. My husband and I are going to rent #307 this March for four days. Has anyone stayed in this unit? The pictures look nice. Also, is it a distance that can be walked to one of the luaus in Poipu? We would like to go to a luau or to go hang out in the resort areas and don't want to worry about having to drive back to the condo if we have a few (or more...) drinks. Thanks!

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,874 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunset Kahili Condos, Poipu Kauai

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Sorry, Sunset Kahili would not be within (easy) walking distance from either the Sheraton Kaua'i lu'au or the Grand Hyatt lu'au -- while you could walk it from the Hyatt -- you should be sober and have a flashlight to do do!

Malama Pono,

Janet

7. Re: Sunset Kahili Condos, Poipu Kauai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 06:20