We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 questions

NJ
9 posts
Save Topic
3 questions

Is koloa the area to stay in April for sunny and warm weather? Is AC necessary? Which condo has water slides and "resorty" feel?

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 questions

AC in Hawaii is always a good discussion. My wife and I do not use it there so do not worry about whether a unit has it.

One time in Maui we had a condo with no cross ventilation. it had AC and we considered briefly using. went to beach for sunset instead. we spend almost no day time inside in Hawaii.

However, in Poipu we shared 2BR unit with daughter, s-i-l and grdaughter, in Nov. Master had AC. We gave it to them since he is redhead. He had it on a lot. But he uses their AC a lot here in Oreg, when we don't.

So really depends on your tolerance for a little heat. we typically open front and back doors or some how get evening cross breezes. all my wife and I need.

Rest of family there in other units. Did not check close but don't think any of them used AC.

Poipu best bet for drier weather.

Buford, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,597 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 questions

If you have a unit that get the ocean breezes, it's probably not necessary. But we enjoy our AC on the EAst side at Pahio KBV since it doesn't get much of a breezen and the humidity is high.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 questions

Kaitlin, Aloha

Phil has given you some great scoops.

to add a bit. If you want the water slides,and multitudes of people, and a touristy type of a place, the HAYTT at poipu is perfect for you.

In additon to water slides, they have magnificent lagoons, and tropical vegetation.

We do not stay there, but do walk over from the condo for their very wonderful sunset /happy hour musical and hawaiian dance programs on the terrace. Really very nice, sitting in huge comfortable chairs, overlooking the ocean, and enjoying the presenation.

Also, if you like classy relaxation, and jazz, please try STEVENSONS LIBRARY just up the stairs from the Terrace. Really NICE, all done in Koa and other fine woods.

Poipu in april should be about the sunniest on the island, especially if this nutso weather phenominon( sp) has finally passed.

Poipu is known as SUNNY POIPU. We have been staying in Poipu for our visits for many years now. we just check out the wx report,and head up to the magnificent north shore when sun is predicted.

Yep, if you want touristy'the Hyatt is perfect, and their water slides and lagoons are absolutely great. Often have wanted to spash into those inviting lagoons after our morning hikes along the cliffs. Looooooks soooooooo gooooood !

You will also have Shipwreck Beach, best for sun bathing. Also, they have cozy beach lounges, but I think you have to reserve them.

You will have a perfect visit.

Denny