We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live the dream.....aloha

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Live the dream.....aloha

aloha, and mahalo:

For all of the great posts, trip reports, and the sharing of knowledge of the garden island. This is one great travel board !!!

Will be packing up the computer for surface shipment today, and will actually become Kauai residents about may 16.

Erica and I have been sharing kauai adventures for about 13 years. We found that upon returning home, our conversations continually involved the ISLAND....all year long...until the next visit.

So, visit after visit, we would learn more about where we wanted to live, the lifestyle change, etc. Although, we live at the beach here in socal, we understand that it will be different living on island, and to just go with the flow. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Selling or giving away almost every possession acquired over the years.

Not as difficult as some think. Kind of a clensing, and a new beginning, and sharing of one of the most special places that we have ever found.

Will be taking photo albums, some clothes, computer, and a few specail personal items, but that is it. Still have two plus weeks prior to launching in the big iron across the pond......time to spend with dear friends prior to departing the mainland.

Again, mahalo, and always enjoy those trip reports from all of you. Keep 'em coming.

Will probably be back to the board in about 3 weeks. Best thoughts for wonderful kauai experiences for those who will soon be on their way.

Me ke aloha pumehana

Denny and Erica

Rochester Hills...
Level Contributor
1,927 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Live the dream.....aloha

Can you give us some of the details......not enough so we can track you down and show up on your doorstep with our luggage, but......for those of us who are still dreaming.......

Are you buying? Renting? Condo? House? What area? How did you find the prices to be?

Will you be working there? Continuing careers or pure relaxation?

SLC, Utah
Level Contributor
283 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Live the dream.....aloha

Just out of curiosity, I looked thru the classifieds in the local paper (Kauai) and checked out the places for sale. Well, then I was depressed! Prices are way up. I wonder if you can get more reasonable housing someplace on the island?? Without living in a shack LOL.