We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

American Airlines from Phoenix to Lihue

GrandJunction...
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
American Airlines from Phoenix to Lihue

We are to fly out of Phoenix to Lihue in May and upgraded to first class both directions. Does anyone have information on first class seats and also meals for this flight? Also have seen some mention of mugs you can purchase at the Marriott Beach Resort(not condos) and get free refills of all drinks so would also appreciate information about that program as well as any other information about this resort. Have reserved an Ocean View room and plan to enjoy the beach area. What would the best Ocean View room building or area to request?

31 replies to this topic
Glacier National...
Level Contributor
755 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: American Airlines from Phoenix to Lihue

Seatguru has seat info.

You'll need to know which type plane you'll be flying.

Meal info should be online on the AA website.

Last I heard, the mugs were still available. I think there are details on the website.

Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
2,362 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: American Airlines from Phoenix to Lihue

For your American Airlines flight, it appears you can go to following website and make selection of meal from what offered beginning 30 days (and up to 24 hours) before you depart.

https:/…first-and-business-class-dining.jsp

Edited: 29 March 2017, 09:37
Kansas City...
Level Contributor
72 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: American Airlines from Phoenix to Lihue

I almost created this thread last week! After reading up on seatguru and a few other travel blogs, I think we're going to be semi-disappointed in the flight. I almost cancelled the tickets and just bought cheaper ones, but am going to keep them because I got a great deal.

Please come back and update this thread after you're able to select your meal(s). I'm curious to see what kind of options we have as well, but my flight isn't until August.

Kansas
Level Contributor
230 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: American Airlines from Phoenix to Lihue

You might not be disappointed, as I believe American has started scheduling their 757-200 international business class cabin configuration on the non-stop Hawaii flights out of PHX. That would be a generous pitch of 58-60" and either a recliner seat with leg/foot rest or an angled lie flat seat. Check the American website seat map to see what aircraft type is scheduled for your flight.

Kauai Marriott is a beautiful, huge resort. Large pool and patio. Lovely grass lawn and beach front. Plenty of loungers. Several restaurants on site, including Dukes. Have fun!

IA
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: American Airlines from Phoenix to Lihue

Flew the PHX-LIH 757-200 last fall in first class. Very small 1st class cabin, 12 seats, I think. They weren't the greatest 1st class seats i've ever been in. No footrest, no lie-flat seats.

That being said, flying direct to LIH was nice, as was getting in at around 2:00 pm. No layover in HNL was also nice.

Kansas
Level Contributor
230 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: American Airlines from Phoenix to Lihue

Yes, this more recent scheduling of a more roomy "international" first class cabin with AA's 757-200's just started after the first of the year.

California
Level Contributor
41,042 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: American Airlines from Phoenix to Lihue

If your flight attendant is Robin Watkins, you will have a wonderful flight.

IA
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: American Airlines from Phoenix to Lihue

Good to know Kansasman, as we're on the same flight again in Sept. Will be monitoring this thread for updates!

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
18,797 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: American Airlines from Phoenix to Lihue

I still have a couple of their coffee mugs ( the plastic travel type ). The last time I stayed there this deal was for coffee. Buy their mug and the coffee is on them. I don't remember it being for ALL drinks but I could be wrong.

Chesapeake, Virginia
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: American Airlines from Phoenix to Lihue

The Fill up mug cost is $35 for coffee and soft drinks. Coffee was $5 and u could get one free refill. If you are going to be here for several days 5-7 probably a deal.

Reply to: American Airlines from Phoenix to Lihue
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lihue