We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Malasada lady at K-Mart

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
16,999 posts
Save Topic
The Malasada lady at K-Mart

Does she still have the booth set up outside of K-Mart? If so, would someone happen to know a rough schedule of when the business is open (days and times)?

12 replies to this topic
Yorba Linda...
Level Contributor
254 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Malasada lady at K-Mart

Sadly, she "retired" and is no longer outside Kmart. We ran into her (her name is Marlena) at Costco on our last visit and she said she still does some local events occasionally , but nothing on a regular schedule. I've tried many other places for malasadas on Kauai, but, for me, haven't found any as good as hers,coming straight out of the oil, fresh and hot. Mmmmmmmmmm sure do miss those malasadas !!!

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
16,999 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: The Malasada lady at K-Mart

Wow, sorry to hear that. Thee's a group of eight of us going and I had gone on and on about how great those malasadas were, like you said, hot off the oil. They were looking forward to it. Now, don't tell me that they no longer make Lillikoi pies at the bakery at the mall close to Costco....

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
17,909 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Malasada lady at K-Mart

Malasadas:

Hanalima Baking - Puhi

Kaua‘i Bakery - I think that's where you mean about the Lilikoi Pie too

Village Snack - Hanalei

Lilikoi Chiffon Pie:

Wongs - Hanapepe

Hamura's - Lihue

Lilikoi Cheesecake and Lilikoi Mango Pie:

Right Slice - http://rightslice.com/

Lilikoi Goat Cheese - Kunana Dairy:

http://www.kauaikunanadairy.com/

California
Level Contributor
41,018 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Malasada lady at K-Mart

Get the lilikoi pie at Humura Saimin. Its better than the bakery at the mall, but they have malasadas so I guess you could hit the bakery and get a twofer. Also try pies at Right Slice now in Anchor Cove Center across from Kalapaki Bay.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
16,999 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: The Malasada lady at K-Mart

Wow, I gained 5 pounds just reading posts # 3 and #4.

Thanks, I"m saving those responses.

Yorba Linda...
Level Contributor
254 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Malasada lady at K-Mart

Right there with ya on the 5 lbs. I love almost all the slices I've had from Right Slice. I don't care for the malasadas at Kauai Bakery (just personal opinion), but the ones at Village Snack Shop in Hanalei were good...get there EARLY....and I mean Early....and they're fresh and hot, too.....and sold out quickly.

Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
2,359 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: The Malasada lady at K-Mart

In post 4 likely it was meant to say Harbor Mall not Achor Cove. The Harbor Mall location is now an automated location for Right Slice (machine) and no person actively tending to customers is my understanding.

California
Level Contributor
41,018 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Malasada lady at K-Mart

Thanks CT!

California
Level Contributor
10,171 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Malasada lady at K-Mart

Besides many of the farmers' markets, you can get Right Slice at their shop in Kalaheo. 😜

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
16,999 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: The Malasada lady at K-Mart

We'll be going to the Grand Canyon of the Pacific so I think the crew will want to make a pit shop there. Thanks.

Reply to: The Malasada lady at K-Mart
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lihue