We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

marriott's kauai beach club & resort (timeshare section)

Which Lihue hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
woodbridge,nj
Level Contributor
345 posts
Save Topic
marriott's kauai beach club & resort (timeshare section)

has anyone stayed at the kauai beach club timeshare section.? where you happy with it? we have the opportunity to spend a week in a 1 bedroom unit with my husband and 1 yr old son. i read somewhere that the beach is really the bay and not the ocean itself and that the water was brown...is this true? maybe it changes depending on the time of year...we would be going the 1st week of november.

any information would be so greatly appreciated. thanks!

mina

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: marriott's kauai beach club & resort (timeshare section)

Mina,

If you are refering to the Marriot, at Kalapaki beach. Lihue.....it really is more of a harbor, but is also very nice beach setting. Surfing lessons, kayaking, and hobie or pringle cat surfing with an instructor. Palm trees, grass, and a sandy beach.

Now,the water can be brown, but that is generally due to a fairly strong rain storm, sending muddy runoff water down the huleia river, which opens near the harbor. That overflow can effect the waters of the bay. However, if there is a large storm, you wont be swimming on any of the shores......hopefully, since it will be dangerous.

Otherwise, the water will be just fine. We like to go to kalapaki beach on days when the south shore snorkeling is not so good, due to wave and visibility conditions.

It is only a few minute drive from puhi, and we like it. Also , we go to Dukes Canoe Club ( downstairs ) about once a week, for a meal and libation....usually on sunday after I get off work. Dukes has a great feeling, all open, overlooking the ocean.

The pool area is rather large, and well done. So, if the bay is a bit stirred up, there is always the pool. The hotel itself covers quite an area, and has some very quality shops, and is well kept, and very nice.

People, staff and the guests are friendly and open....

Also, I doubt if you are just going to okole sit, and not leave the resort, since the island has so much beauty for you to experience.

Your choice of course, but when we were visitors we went to beaches all over the island....from polihale to Ke'e. Still do.

Pehaps others, who have stayed there in the timeframe you will be visiting can help out a little more.

Denny

woodbridge,nj
Level Contributor
345 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: marriott's kauai beach club & resort (timeshare section)

what is the weather like in november? is it very rainy?

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,874 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: marriott's kauai beach club & resort (timeshare section)

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Our November weather is winter weather, but that can mean anything from really wet, windy weather to what we had this last year -- dry conditions and lovely days.

Anytime you come during the winter you have a higher chance of bad weather -- it is just wintertime and that is a fact of winter. But that doesn't mean days full of rain and wind -- in fact usually our Novembers are nice and not a lot more rain than in October.

Malama Pono,

Janet

Southern California
Level Contributor
12,818 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: marriott's kauai beach club & resort (timeshare section)

Hi Mina,

We own a 1 bedroom timeshare unit at the Marriott Kauai Beach Club and have been coming for a week each year since 1997. We bought ocean view rather than ocean front, so we usually get a nice unit with view of the pool, gardens and ocean all. The main bedroom has either two queens or one king, bathroom, coffee maker, ice bucket, etc. These are the ones they rent out as hotel rooms, there is a lock between units. They all have lanais. The second room contains queen sleeper sofa bed, dining table and chairs, coffee table, armchair, kitchenette (no full kitchen as this ws previously a hotel, would cost a lot to retrofit) with small fridge, small dishwasher, toaster, microwave, plates, silver, glasses, utensils and some other stuff. There is a second bathroom also. A couple of years ago they did a soft remodel so all the units have new bedding, drapes, pictures, etc. Much nicer colors.

I do not recall seeing the bay water turn brown, but it could from time to time. It is a very nice beach, there is a grass lawn with loungers, palm trees, etc. It is kind of nice to see the cruise ships come in and out.

We usually go in September now, but we have gone in November. How much rain you get depends on whether Hawaii is having a wet or dry year.

Have a great stay.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,439 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: marriott's kauai beach club & resort (timeshare section)

FYI I answered the duplicate post. Be sure to read it too.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
5,801 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: marriott's kauai beach club & resort (timeshare section)

had drinks at Dukes on Monday and walked along the beach front after. The water was beautifully clean and blue. Kalapaki can be nasty after a hard rain, but these days anywhere near a stream mouth is subject to the same thing. That's one advantage of Poipu. Not much rain so few streams.

Novy is early for winter weather but the later you go the higher the chances. Temps are nice and you are at the tail end of hurricane season so less chance there. Regardless, we can have rain any time of year.

7. Re: marriott's kauai beach club & resort (timeshare section)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 06:26
Get answers to your questions about Lihue