We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

For Amy Hanaiali'i fans - she's here Saturday!

Which Lihue hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,874 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
For Amy Hanaiali'i fans - she's here Saturday!

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Just a note for fans of wonderful singer Amy Hanaiali'i - on Saturday she will be signing autographs at Kaua'i Costco at 12:00 then Kaua'i Borders at 3:00 p.m.

She has a wonderful new CD and it is an awesome chance to meet her and get her autograph!

Malama Pono,

Janet

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,594 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: For Amy Hanaiali'i fans - she's here Saturday!

I notice they're really promoting her new album at the music stand outside of Princeville foodland. I'll make it a point to pick it up tomorrow - I haven't bought a Hawaiian music CD yet this summer.

Thanks for the tip.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,594 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: For Amy Hanaiali'i fans - she's here Saturday!

WOW, just listened to a fantastic cover by Amy of the CCR song "Have You Ever Seen the Rain" - great stuff.

It's on her MySpace page in MP3 format

http://www.myspace.com/amyhanaialii

It's actually off her 2008 album "Aumakua"

allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll…

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,874 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: For Amy Hanaiali'i fans - she's here Saturday!

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Her new CD is called "Friends and Family of Hawai'i" - and is much in the same vein stylistically as last year's "Aumakua" IMO - I've already purchased it and I especially love the song "Pa Aneahe" with Keali'i Keichel - so nahenahe!!

Each song is a duet with a particular artist - everyone from Robert Cazimero, Fiji, Henry Kapono, etc, etc. - even Willie Nelson (???).

Malama Pono,

Janet

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,933 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: For Amy Hanaiali'i fans - she's here Saturday!

We heard her in Nor CA a few years ago. She had just changed managers, and had dropped much of her Hawaiian emphasis ... for 1940s and other Mainland-mellow stuff. Very disappointing. Jeff Peterson was traveling with her and TOTALLY stole the show. I'm interested in hearing her new album if she has returned to her root. I love her "older" CDs.

Hana, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,825 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: For Amy Hanaiali'i fans - she's here Saturday!

Thank you so much for the info "Kologirl"! Maybe someone local could show up, take some pictures and post us a link. Wow, how exciting!

I must agree with BLBL as to getting back to "roots". She has a wonderful voice too, but we need to hear the "language of Hawaii".

Last CD I bought (when I was in Maui) was her lovely Christmas album. See link for review:

www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll…

Amy info:

"Friends and Family" (no review):

Thanks again so much Janet! Mahalo! Caddy.... Aloha!

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,306 posts
423 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: For Amy Hanaiali'i fans - she's here Saturday!

The first time I heard her sing Haleiwa Hula I thought she was the next Genoa Keawe with her falsetto voice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZVuz4tFSzw

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,933 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: For Amy Hanaiali'i fans - she's here Saturday!

Wasn't Auntie Genoa one of her mentors (I forget the Hawaiian word for it!).

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
19,849 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: For Amy Hanaiali'i fans - she's here Saturday!

Awesome. I just ordered her album plus her Christmas album direct from Kauai on :

Mele.com

I've used them before for fast service.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,933 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: For Amy Hanaiali'i fans - she's here Saturday!

Both CDs are also available on amazon.com. I ordered Amy's new one ... and found a new Ho'okena CD as well. Can't wait to hear it!

FYI - Hawaiian music lovers: I may have mentioned this before, but the selection of Hawaiian music at the new Barnes & Noble across from the Cannery in Lahaina is amazing. Amazing. And (as you may know) I can be tough to please!

California
Level Contributor
142 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: For Amy Hanaiali'i fans - she's here Saturday!

CAnative,

Amy Hanaiali'i might not come this way, but if you like Hawaiian music, the Slack Key Guitar Festival at the Redondo Performing Arts Center (used to be Aviation High School) has a great lineup starting. Ledward Kapana, Makana, and probably Cyril Pahinui will be there. They do a great job putting that show on.

Get answers to your questions about Lihue