We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seattle to Lihue Airline Price trends

Which Lihue hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boulder, Colorado
1 post
Save Topic
Seattle to Lihue Airline Price trends

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone knows what the airline price ticket trends are if I'm flying from Seattle to Lihue, Kauai in late September/October? The dates are specific and ticket prices are at around $500 right now, that's up $29 since I checked a few weeks ago... Could anyone tell me if they think this will drop again? Thanks!

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
811 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seattle to Lihue Airline Price trends

try entering your dates into bing.com- they have a fare predictor

here is a pretty good story on U.S. air fares. In the past airlines have undercut each other when they one tried to raise prices but that has not been happening this time around.

tennessean.com/article/20110517/BUSINESS01/3…

Kapaa, Hawaii
Level Contributor
876 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seattle to Lihue Airline Price trends

Anything under $500 is a steal. With gas prices as they are, we've been paying $600 + for midweek spring/summer fares. Remember, if you book on Alaska and the fare drops they will credit you the difference for free. Recently Hawaiian had a sale for Aug/Sept that was running around $479 r/t. Very tempting, but those are busy months for us.

Orange County, CA
Level Contributor
870 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seattle to Lihue Airline Price trends

If you frequently fly Alaska, make sure you check out the Alaska Airlines Visa card, their $99 companion fare is a winner.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
127 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seattle to Lihue Airline Price trends

Good information...thanks

Steilacoom, WA
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Seattle to Lihue Airline Price trends

We bought our tickets for 25-Sept to 3-Oct about three weeks ago and paid $524/EA. I think the cheaspest at the time was about $500 if you were flexable with your dates. That seems to be the going rate with Alaska. You can probaably save a little depending on dates with Hawaiian and a while back Continential was having a sale with good fares but it was maybe $50-$60 cheaper than Alaska. For us the direct flight was the best option since we have an 18 month old. We last went two years at the same time of year and paid $400/ea total.

6. Re: Seattle to Lihue Airline Price trends

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2012, 19:17
Get answers to your questions about Lihue