We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas dinner on Kauai

Which Lihue hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Santa Ynez...
Level Contributor
5 posts
169 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas dinner on Kauai

We are spending Christmas at the Marriott Kauai Beach Club and would like some recommendations for Christmas dinner for a group of 7. Doesn't need to be fancy, just memorable!

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,238 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas dinner on Kauai

Duke's Canoe Club would be my pick, it is right there in the hotel.

California
Level Contributor
9,455 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas dinner on Kauai

My choice would be Plantation Gardens in Poipu for the beautiful setting and good food.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas dinner on Kauai

Christmas would be a very special dinner out for us, and we would probably go to upstairs Dukes for prime rib, and a more bit of upscale dining.

However, we love downstairs at Dukes Canoe Club, and are there sometimes on Taco Tuesday nights. Both will be great.

And no driving, but do get reservations well ahead of time, or the luster can be lost sitting around waiting for a table.

Now plantation gardens would be right up there on the top of the list, we like it there a lot. But Dukes is just across the road...however....hmmmm.

Denny

Edited: 27 October 2011, 23:52
California
Level Contributor
36,056 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas dinner on Kauai

Dukes (upstairs only) would be my choice for no stress and not having to worry about drinking and driving ( I had Xmas Eve dinner there a few years back and it was wonderful) but I would also add 22North into the mix. Beautiful grounds and I bet they have lovely Xmas decorations around the plantation home. That is only 15 minutes from The Marriott.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
5,801 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas dinner on Kauai

You might also see if they're doing a buffet at the poolside restaurant that day. Those used to be very nice and not driving makes for an easier event and a short walk to the room or a pool lounger to sleep it all off.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,874 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas dinner on Kauai

Aloha from Kaua'i!

We don't oftentimes go out to dinner on Christmas Eve or day, but when we do, we usually go to Duke's - it is such a great, casual atmosphere and such a beautiful view - we've always enjoyed it for special occasions.

I think especially on holidays like this, that many times involve people drinking and driving - good to stay as close to home as you can - and it is right there!

I love Duke's! I have a craving for their salad bar - need to go soon!

Malama Pono,

Janet

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
7,934 posts
446 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas dinner on Kauai

The poolside buffet is lovely assuming the Marriott does it this year. There would be a good variety of well-prepared food in a nice outdoors setting.

8. Re: Christmas dinner on Kauai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 04:18
Get answers to your questions about Lihue