We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking Pole Rental

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
694 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Walking Pole Rental

I have seen that walking poles are a good idea for hiking I use poles all the time but mine won't fit in my suit case even when they are closed up. Is there any place we can rent poles while we are there.

California
Level Contributor
39,765 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking Pole Rental

Here's an older thread with the answer.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60623-i610-k35253…

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,601 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking Pole Rental

I found poles at REI for about $25 that collapsed to 25 inches. They fit into my 24 inch suitcase diagonally. Target has similar poles. Another option is to take the poles you have as checked luggage either in an art tube, long packing carton, an athletic bag or small golf club bag. I have also checked through odd shaped items wrapped in black trash bags and sealed tightly with packing tape. if they collapse at all, you might also call the airline and ask whether you can carry them on.

Denver
Destination Expert
for Poipu
Level Contributor
3,480 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking Pole Rental

Ours unscrew all the way and come apart (just make sure any springs or plastic bushings don't fall out) to fit, as LSCats said, diagonally in our suitcase.

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
694 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking Pole Rental

I have never tried to take them apart completely but I know the way they are now they won't fit I tried it on my last trip. As far as taking them as another bag I don't want to do that we have to pay $25 each way per bag so I may as well buy new ones there. Thanks I will see if I can get them apart.

Nyack, New York
Level Contributor
210 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Walking Pole Rental

How about the Stansport Outdoorsman Trekking Pole?

It folds to about 10 inches. It's a little awkward to use but it works.

Nyack, New York
Level Contributor
210 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Walking Pole Rental

How about the Stansport Outdoorsman Trekking Pole?

It folds to about 10 inches. It's a little awkward to use but it works.

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
17,098 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Walking Pole Rental

Not sure, but maybe Pedal n Paddle in Hanalei:

http://pedalnpaddle.com/

Mentioned in this post
Hanalei
Hanalei
Kauai, HI
8. Re: Walking Pole Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2013, 10:19
Get answers to your questions about Lihue