We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near airport

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,066 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel near airport

We are coming to Kauai for a bodybuilding show that is happening near the airport. I've been looking at hotels but was wondering if anyone had any preferred hotels in the general area. We've been to Kauai once and stayed in the Koa Kea but I really don't want to spend that much for this weekend. We'll be at the show most of the day and want something close where he can go rest and recoup between precontest and a place to relax after the show before we return the next day.

Any suggestions.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
3,314 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel near airport

I'd check out the Garden Island Inn. We stayed there one night a couple years ago when we just needed one night before we could check into our cottage. It is nothing facny, but it is clean and reasonably priced and within walking distance of restaurants, shops, etc.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,783 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel near airport

I understand you'll be gone most of the day but if you want a nice place to recoup at with a fabulous pool to recoup at and restaurants/ bars in walking distance then I'll throw out the Marriott. Sure, you could find something cheaper but it would be my choice.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,066 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel near airport

I was looking at that hotel. I like that it's a bit eclectic.

Canada
Level Contributor
9,168 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel near airport

I would recommend the Lihue Marriott. Close to the airport with complimentary shuttle.....

Situated on Kalapaki Bay with quite a few good dining options in the area.

marriott.com/hotels/…

The rooms prices will be considerably lower than Koa Kea.......but on par for the beautiful resort that it is. Perfect for a week-end getaway.

Marriott offers a variety of price breaks and discounts etc.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,066 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel near airport

Thank you. Making a list to investigate.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,760 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel near airport

Kauai Inn is closeby, too. Down by the harbor. A notch above Garden Inn - I love the look of it, but that is just driving by through the years.

Edited: 10 August 2012, 19:30
Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,783 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel near airport

If you check out the Marriott for rates make sure to call directly to Lhue Marriott to get the better prices for local promotions and kamaaina discounts. I've found the toll-free nationwide Marriott operators don't give out the better prices that the local Marriott's hold out for their own local promotions

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,881 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel near airport

Aloha from Kaua'i!

I love the Kaua'i Inn - it is located in a quiet residential neighborhood right down from Kalapaki Beach area (Niumalu) - it has a great history, is really charming looking and you'd be within walking distance to all of the things that Kalapaki has - but not right in the middle of the industrial area down there. You are very close to Niumalu Park and the Kalapaki Small Boat Harbor, both of which are scenic and quiet places to enjoy.

http://www.kauaiinn.com/

Malama Pono,

Janet

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel near airport

Were it us, and we had finishd an ardouous competition along with the months of dedicated training, we would select near the airport.

Tadahhhhhh,,,,

1. Lihue Marriot at Kalapaki Beach: Great wrap around swimming pool only about 4 feet deep. Perfect for a lazy swim or wade. ALSO...five semi secluded jacuzzi that most every one you have to wade to get to.

NIce and comfortalbe lodgings, and all round pretty darned neat accomodations.

This would be perfect...plus nice and easy and fun restaurants right on property , or withing a very, very short stroll of property. No preteniousness, just freindly kick back and relaxing, as well and friendly and fun.

Beautiful swimable beach, and you can relax on the loungers for the Marriot guests, or get in a pick up volley ball game.....your choice entirely.

The reason that I would pick the marriot, is that I am a personnal trainer, or was before moving over here. I had been working at the Kauai Athletic Club for some time...NOT as an ACE certified trainer. Now, totally retired, but we still work out 5 days a week at the new kauai athletic club which is walkable from the Lihue Marriot. We also toss in hikes, biking, swimming and kayaking to stay fit.

Also, I would like some easy living, with a bit of quality , pool, and jacuzzi and beach out front, if I had been training my okole off for a body building competition....or any competitiion of any kind for that matter.

Anyway, that would be our choice. Not sure where the competition is being held, but if it is in Lihue, you will be within a 5 minute driving time to get there.

May the contest turn out to be very rewarding and successful.

Denny

Edited: 10 August 2012, 21:42
California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,985 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel near airport

(I'd stay at the Marriott!)