We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alamo at Lihue Airport, Thank you so much for everything!!

Which Lihue hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Alamo at Lihue Airport, Thank you so much for everything!!

I need to thank the supportive people at Alamo who helped save my family's vacation. When my family and I finally arrived at Lihue Airport after waiting in SFO for four hours and being stuck in the back of the airplane the first thing we tried to do at the airport was rent a car. Little did we know my mother lost her license. We didn't notice at the airport because we brought our passports with us. Apolonia, the woman who worked at Alamo, was so supportive throughout the entire ordeal and told us to go to the DMV in Lihue. She told us that the DMV. When we got on the Alamo bus, Thomas, the bus driver doubled-checked with a friend of his and saw that the DMV still wasn't closed so he took us to a taxi place and from there we left to the DMV. After getting a fax of a license from the DMV in Sacramento (long story short) we came back and Apolonia settled everything for us. Everyone there was supportive to us throughout everything. Apolonia even gave us a hug when it was all over. They really care over there.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,340 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alamo at Lihue Airport, Thank you so much for everything!!

We've had nothing but fabulous service from Alamo!

California
Level Contributor
35,598 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alamo at Lihue Airport, Thank you so much for everything!!

I highly suggest you send this to the manager at Alamo. The rep would appreciate it.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,656 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alamo at Lihue Airport, Thank you so much for everything!!

Alamo was always VERY good to me, too!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
462 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alamo at Lihue Airport, Thank you so much for everything!!

I almost lost my license at SFO airport and I know ho scary it can be especially because you will need it to fly back.

I am glad things worked out.

This reminds me that I need to renew my license soon before I forget and show up at airport.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
128 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Alamo at Lihue Airport, Thank you so much for everything!!

I think I will lose my license when I'm on Kauai next time so I can never leave!

6. Re: Alamo at Lihue Airport, Thank you so much for everything!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Lihue