We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lights of Kauai parade Dec 6th

California
Level Contributor
39,763 posts
122 reviews
Save Topic
Lights of Kauai parade Dec 6th

If you are on the island this week, check this out, and if you want to avoid a traffic jam, don't go through Lihue this day. Its really called Lights on Rice.....

http://lightsonrice.org/

Edited: 22 November 2013, 20:41
pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
25,110 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lights of Kauai parade Dec 6th

It's a fun parade, much longer and fancier than I expected the first time I attended. There will also be singing and keiki hula on the steps of the Historic County Building across from the Kaua`i Museum, and a craft fair at the museum. I usually set up to watch from the lawn of the HCB. Take something to sit on if you can.

wellington, fl
Level Contributor
171 posts
323 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lights of Kauai parade Dec 6th

Will there be food available for purchase? Or, a good restaurant we could walk to from the museum/county building?

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
25,110 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lights of Kauai parade Dec 6th

There are usually food trucks in the parking lot behind the museum. There's also KCL a few blocks away. Worst case, you can easily walk to McDonald's.

California
Level Contributor
39,763 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lights of Kauai parade Dec 6th

Hamura Saimin.

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
25,110 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lights of Kauai parade Dec 6th

And Garden Island BBQ is right there, too.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,943 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lights of Kauai parade Dec 6th

There are different local groups with food booths behind the museum, too. Local food/fundraisers.

7. Re: Lights of Kauai parade Dec 6th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 November 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Lihue