We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriott Kauai Lagoons or Marriott Kauai Beach Club?

Atlanta, Georgia
5 posts
Save Topic
Marriott Kauai Lagoons or Marriott Kauai Beach Club?

Which timeshare property is better...Marriott Kauai Lagoons or Marriott Kauai Beach Club?

California
Level Contributor
41,042 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marriott Kauai Lagoons or Marriott Kauai Beach Club?

Marriott Lagoons are larger units, but to me I am not thrilled with the location. It is only partly built up and your view is planes landing. Marriott Kauai Beach Club is part of the Marriott Hotel in Kalapaki Bay. There is one tower that is timeshares. They have small kitchens and small rooms, but I like the location being right there at the resort with a terrific pool, nice beach and restaurants close by. They are just very different. There is another timeshare property in Poipu that is even nicer.

Overland Park...
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Marriott Kauai Lagoons or Marriott Kauai Beach Club?

The one on Kalapaki Beach has the advantage of having an excellent wide beach that is very good for swimming, and is backed by a nice lawn area. It also has an excellent large pool with several hot tubs.

Southern California
Level Contributor
15,235 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Marriott Kauai Lagoons or Marriott Kauai Beach Club?

I've only stayed at the Marriott Kauai Beach Club and owned a timeshare there for many years until I sold it last March. Love the pool, beach area is nice and if you are up on the lawn adjacent to the beach you can get food and drinks, same with the pool. Be sure and eat at Duke's, good food and salad bar.

I've only been up to the Lagoon area once many years ago when the hotel was a Westin, they had a lot of stuff up in the area at the time, but I was not crazy about the location either, same as jebett.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marriott Kauai Lagoons or Marriott Kauai Beach Club?

We get a quite a few requsts for the best of whatever....and it largely depends on the individual.

Kauai LAGOONS is new and luxurious. They sit up on a bluff, with a great view of the ocean and beach area. There is a small swimming pool, and you can walk or take an elevator down to the beach. Also , you can walk around the tropical lagoons area. We see very few people staying up there , therefore it is much more pleacefull and less crowded than the KALAPAKI BEACH Marriot.

We like the Marriot at KALAPAKI BEACH with the large pool, and the five jacuzzi, and being on or very near that beautiful beach, and all of the different water sports. Even with the higher number of guests, it is much more peaceful than Poipu Beach, and there are several amenities , like lounge chairs, The friendly and fun Kalapaki Tiki Bar and Grille near the pool and the beach, and Dukes.

The rooms will be smaller than the much more lavish and newer rooms at the Lagoons, so there is some give and take there. But , we do not sit in our accomodations all day long, we are out having a grand time enjoying what there is to have fun at.

As to which is best, that is up to individaul taste and what is important to the person.

Edited: 02 April 2014, 10:06
Texas
Level Contributor
860 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marriott Kauai Lagoons or Marriott Kauai Beach Club?

We have friends that stay at the Lagoons and love it. Kalapakidooley is right on. They like the extra space, the luxury, the quiet and views. Everyone is different!

6. Re: Marriott Kauai Lagoons or Marriott Kauai Beach Club?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Lihue