We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car rentals

chicago,il
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
car rentals

Could anyone provide information of a rental car company that could pick you up at the airport, shuttle you over to your hotel, and then deliver your rental car to the hotel? Same service required for returning to airport. We will be traveling with 5 people . Traveling this July 2014.

Thank you,

California
Level Contributor
39,764 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car rentals

All the rental car companies are at the airport. Is there a reason you can't get it when you arrive?

I do not think any rental car company will shuttle you to your hotel and then drive your car there. Two hotels do have shuttle service. Marriott and Kauai Beach but you would need to go back to the airport to get your car.

Mentioned in this post
Kauai Beach Resort
Kauai Beach Resort
2,506 Reviews
Kauai, HI
Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
3,515 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car rentals

Like jebett, I'm a bit confused as to why you can't or don't want to just pick up your rental car at the airport.

chicago,il
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: car rentals

Thanks for your prompt reply. There are five in our party and with luggage, we would need a mini van. I was hoping to rent something smaller that would fit 5 people,like a smaller suv. I was visiting the Cayman Islands once and they provided a service like that and it worked out great.

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
17,098 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: car rentals

I don't know if the five of you are adults, but if so definitely consider renting two cars...it makes things so much easier. We had friends join us one year, we had to play chauffeur, my hubby was not real happy. Two cars gives everyone so much more freedom.....

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
25,158 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: car rentals

I like the idea of renting two cars if there are independent adults in your group.

chicago,il
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: car rentals

Thanks for the 2 car idea.

7. Re: car rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Lihue